Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushido night

• 03-02-2005 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hey,
    With great interest I saw the ads and got the mail about the bushido night in the point depot.

Even my old buddy Colmok is gonna be there fighting with the rest of the bjj crew. Pretty cool.

So I logged onto the link for the bushido night and imagine my surprise that their was a big spiel about honour/truth/justice yadda yadda days of the samurai etc...
    I kinda dig those things cos I practice classical jujutsu but this was advertising a load of MMA fighters who look down on traditional arts in favour of their gym mentality.

The irony!! It was overwhelming - i know I should get out more...but it really was.
    All these MMA guys who belittle (ok I know a tad strong of a word but I'm on a roll here) ****eing on about samuarai code etc....
    Anyway it made me laugh.

Mayeb you guys could answer teh charge here...no weaseling out now...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Wrong Colm! Colm O'Reilly our right honourable mod is fighting in the point. :D

I think the Bushido talk is more to do with the promotion rather than the fighters. There certainly is no samurai code in any SBG ive been in. Maybe the code refers to the actual act of fighting and putting it all on the line rather than just naming precepts and talking about them. Going to war and facing yourself maybe?!?

Maybe JK or Colm could field this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

with all due respect Colum i have always tried to live the way of the warrior !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Promotion and Training are two separate entities. JK is preparing hte fight team for this one. Get your tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭john kavanagh

hi EPO_MAN

this might interest you

MA Myths

enjoy your training :)

jk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭EPO_MAN

Hi guys.
    Sorry did get the wrong colm but I was so excited by the irony etc...taht I rushed it down! Apologies. Thank god I wasn't out there witha a sniper rifle!!

You guys are too nice I was really trying to wind youse up for some "I'm on my high horse indignation" but I guess you saw through that.

Till we meet again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭EPO_MAN

John,
    Thanks for that link to MMA myths.
    Enjoy your training likewise.
    Good stuff on your recent BJJ champ victory.

The rest of ye,
    We wil meet someday when time is less of a comodity.

Advertisement