Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some upcoming changes to the Message monitor plugin.

Options
  • 03-02-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Going to do it over the weekend (time permitting). But here is what I am thinking of adding...

1. Preferences menu option.
    This will allow you to edit the options without having to go in to about:config (so should explain it better).

2. Other site support.
    Allow the user to another boards site. eg. Check mail from..
    boards.us
    boards.jp
    boards.nz
    boards.ie

Will be a preference option.

3. Right click menu
    Right click will work. Will leave left click.

4. Not able to connect
    Do a couple more checks to see if boards is having a problem so that the icon turns red instead of blue.

... Also need to look at it a little more but I was thinking of a sidebar extension that basically shows all your messages across all the boards. As it will be pulling the XML (and only when you check) it shouldn't be a serious hit. Need to investigate more so may not be in the updated extension.

Anyone any any other suggestions throw them in. I may or may not do them.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

with regard to boards.nz would it not be prudent to hold off on this until it is moved to its boards.co.nz domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hobbes wrote:
    4. Not able to connect
    Do a couple more checks to see if boards is having a problem so that the icon turns red instead of blue.
    haha, someone has great faith in boards.ie at the moment...... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

with regard to boards.nz would it not be prudent to hold off on this until it is moved to its boards.co.nz domain?

Well what I could do is change the UI so it is possible for the user to modify later on.
    ColHol wrote:
    haha, someone has great faith in boards.ie at the moment...... :p

Well the plugin kind of does that already. For example if you are not logged in or you have been banned. Just never fully checked if the site was down or problem.

Advertisement