Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontpage frolics

Options
  • 04-02-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I'm a newbie at web site design and I am trying to construct a site to track my family tree - with lots of photos and probably a fair amount of text. I have been using Frontpage for the last month or so. I find that it works for a while and then when I launch the site in a browser (IE 6 or Firefox) I get a message saying that the homepage is not accessible. The result of this is that I have had to scrap the site and rebuild it. While it is currently working I don't want to have constant unnecessary rebuilds.

Has anyone got any advice for me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

joolsveer wrote:
    I get a message saying that the homepage is not accessible.

Why is it saying this .... can you give more detail.
    You should be able ot view the page even if it doesn't have correct code or whatever, .... but not accessible is totally different thing altogether.
    Is this an alert message ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

This is the message I am getting today. I would appreciate any help you can give.

BTW it's Frontpage 2002 SP3 I am using. My URL is www.deejayem.com and is hosted by Site Ground http://www.siteground.com/

Has anyone got any help for me please? If Frontpage is the problem what would you advise me do as I really want to establish and maintain this family history site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

It looks to me to be incorrect permissions, either on the _vti_bin directory or the extention itself.

Try removing the hit-counter from the page and see if that helps.

I'm afraid I've never used Frontpage Extensions, so I'm not entirely sure even if it is the permissions, but I'm reasonably certain that getting rid of the hit-counter will solve the problem.

Thanks. I'll try that.

• Advertisement

I got rid of the counter and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks a lot Zaltais.

Advertisement