Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Mocks are a good idea???

• 04-02-2005 2:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Do you think that mocks are a good idea?? 17 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yes.

Reasons why:
    1. Coming up to exams you get less homework.
    2. During exams you don't exactly have school.
    3. You can use the excuse "I'm studying for my mocks" and go on the internet.
    4. You get used to having to sit in a boring exam hall for hours on end and staying alive, somehow.
    5. You can organise your timing for the actual exams.
    6. They're corrected by people other than your teachers, who could be very biased.
    7. They're just like the actual JC in layout and marking system, whatever.
    8. When you get the results, you'll get an idea of areas or subjects on which you need to focus.
    9. It could make you more relaxed about the JC because it's like you've done it before.
    10. It gives this board a topic of conversation.

Did I miss anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Well said PurpleFistMixer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Yes.

Reasons why:
    1. Coming up to exams you get less homework.
    2. During exams you don't exactly have school.
    3. You can use the excuse "I'm studying for my mocks" and go on the internet.
    4. You get used to having to sit in a boring exam hall for hours on end and staying alive, somehow.
    5. You can organise your timing for the actual exams.
    6. They're corrected by people other than your teachers, who could be very biased.
    7. They're just like the actual JC in layout and marking system, whatever.
    8. When you get the results, you'll get an idea of areas or subjects on which you need to focus.
    9. It could make you more relaxed about the JC because it's like you've done it before.
    10. It gives this board a topic of conversation.

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, I think you've covered everything there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Some kick-ass pictures are drawn, or they were during mine

How could I forget...
    I've drawn good stuff in christmas exams gone by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

yea.. but in the mochs ya can get like an hour and a half for drawing :D... cant wait for cspe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭kirving

No. 3 works so easily! "I'm eh.....Doin research.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeah...and bring up skool.ie everytime someone walks in....works brilliantly for the JC too. (Though I did actually study for that...)

declan_lgs wrote:
    yea.. but in the mochs ya can get like an hour and a half for drawing :D... cant wait for cspe
    Okay I gotta ask (mainly because I'm a crazy person and this has been bothering me), why do you say "mochs"?

Okay I gotta ask (mainly because I'm a crazy person and this has been bothering me), why do you say "mochs"?
    umm.. because I dont get an hour and a half after any exam in the xmas exams etc.. they're over in like an hour....
    and in the actual JC, I'll leave when I'm done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

declan_lgs wrote:
    umm.. because I dont get an hour and a half after any exam in the xmas exams etc.. they're over in like an hour....
    and in the actual JC, I'll leave when I'm done

Erm...I think she's trying to point out that you spelled "mochs" wrong, lol. :p

Yeah that's what I was saying...

oh ****
    just cause I can't spell :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sweet girl 666

the mocks are a good thing but like wat the hell? why cant u just leave when your finished? cuz your bored out of your skull!!yeah i no you can do cool drawings and think and watever else but id rather get out ad TALK!! it does things to u not being able to talk for like 2/2 and a half hours long!!! all i wanna do when i get out is just go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D:D

I don't actually understand ANY of that statement....:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

You can't leave mainly for insurance reasons. You leave early, go home, no-one there, go out looking for your mates, get a smack of a bus, you can be sure your smart lawyer will blame the school.

If you are finishing REALLY early (before half the allotted time), you should ask yourself why.

Are you doing too easy a level for your ability? If so, why?
    Have you answered all the questions?
    Have you answered all the questions properly?

Of course you can treat it all as a bit of a joke, not bother trying and blame 'crap teachers' afterwards, but if you're honest, you know (and everyone else knows) whose fault it will be.

My yearhead let us all leave early on Friday because it was only one exam and we finished it very early.

Advertisement