Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Candidates Announced

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭celingfan

Shambles aka Seamus for president that chap is a legend!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

The Programmers Prayer

Our Program
    Who Art In Memory,
    Hello Be Thy Name.
    Thy Operating System Come,
    Thy Commands Will Be Done,
    At The Printer
    As It Is On The Screen.
    Give Us This Day Our Daily Data
    And Forgive Us Our I/O Errors,
    As We Forgive Those
    Whose Logic Circuits Are Faulty.
    Lead Us Not Into Frustration,
    And Deliver Us From The Power Surge.
    For Thine Is The Algorithm,
    The Application,
    The Solution,
    Looping Forever And Ever.
    Return.

Taking OT to a whole new level.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

thats slightly scary

good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

stargal wrote:
    *smacks head with hand* of course! coke causes aids!

Damn, and here's me thinking Gay people caused aids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Haha that's mad, hadn't noticed shambles running for pres! He's got my vote..

and he would be?

i thought nestle caused Aids,

i thought nestle caused Aids,

Nope, cannabis.

holy crap.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Go on - publish the abusive emails just for the craic! They will be interesting to read!

SkyLynx wrote:
    and he would be?
    Seamus McGoldrick 3rd year AM.

Most chilled out chap I've ever known.. wears tea-cosies as hats and surfs a lot.

probally know him but my brain just ain't what it used to be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

EduCat wrote:
    "A big pile of flaming turds" was one description of the SU that I particularly cherish.

Now that's harsh if I ever heard it!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

EduCat wrote:
    "A big pile of flaming turds" was one description of the SU that I particularly cherish.

I see you got my email then...

Chick wrote:
    Now that's harsh if I ever heard it!! :p
    geez i say worse things than that to the classes i teach ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

seamus murphy for vice.

u stupid c88ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Clearly Aids arrived after they first banned Cannabis in the 40s.
    ON a serious note:
    We should legalise Cannabis to provent terminally ill Aids patients for having to pay Drugs companies crazy money for painkillers when they can just grow Cannabis and enjoy the fruits of their own Labour.
    As we all should ;)

so what are the referenda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Nestlé/Coke
    Do you support the removal of the ban on the stock and sale of Nestlé and Coca-Cola products in Students' Union shops and the removal of the policy not to enter into any sponsorship arrangements with those corporations?

Legalise Cannabis
    Do you agree to mandate the Students' Union to:
    1) lobby the government and campaign to immediately decriminalise the possession of small amounts of cannabis for personal use

2) lobby the government and campaign for the full legalisation of cannabis for medical, research and recreational use

3) campaign for the Trinity College campus to be made a cannabis friendly zone.

• Advertisement

i'm voting to keep them banned, less for me to stack.....

also trinity should be a cannibus friendly zone....

campaign for the Trinity College campus to be made a cannabis friendly zone.

What would be the actual effect if this motion was passed? Would it stop security guards approaching people and inspecting whether they're smoking hash or not? Obviously the law of the land cannot be over looked?

My other fear would be, would this encourage stupid c**ts coming onto college campus to smoke? Like as opposed to the back of my bus?

Who comes up with these referendas?

Kev, the motion is directed at the SU officers and the Union as a whole, not the security guards of course. If passed, they (the SU) would be required to campaign for the various bits stated, by whatever method seems the most effective. How a cannabis friendly zone would actually come about would be up to future Unions and their persuasive powers with the powers-that-be.

Referenda can either be called by SU Council (class reps) voting at least 75% in favour, or by a petition of 350 signatures. Both referenda this time around came the latter way (although there was an unsuccessful attempt for Coke/Nestlé to go through Council). My job is to organise the referendum process, but I've no role in selecting the topics - that's entirely up to the petition-writer. However the person who wrote the cannabis petition is a user of this board...

ok thanks for that.

if i get 350 people to sign a pentition, i can get a referenda?

/me has ideas

if i get 350 people to sign a pentition, i can get a referenda?

/me has ideas

{grammar nazi}referendum singular, referenda plural{/grammar nazi}

Yes, that's all you have to do. However it's now too late to have it included alongside the February elections, so it would probably be in the third term, should your dastardly plans come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

Seriouly tho, if ye arew headin into your final year and want to have a laugh, vote for shambles. The moment he is voted in, the sky will rain fire and trinity will burn!! its gonna be fun. Im gonna try and find a pic of him somewhere, and if you see him around college, say hello, making sure to call him by his name, he bloody hates that!!

On another note, why do students have to be so ****in stupid??
    now, im all for decriminalising cannabis, theres nothin worse than gettin stung with the ****ty end of a quater in your pocket etc. and id love to see it legalised for medicinal purposes, BUT i think the "make trinity a cannabis friendly area" is a ****ing joke. its like all those little "rebels" who wear hash leaf necklaces and such " look at me, i smoke drugs". Trinity all ready is a cannabis friendly place, where else can you go for a sneaky joint with out fearin the po-lice?

We have it good already, why draw more attention than the stoners in college need? and anyway, i dont want my college becoming a haven for every joe soap who fancies a toke.

p.s VOTE SEAMUS MCGOLDRICK FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

oh yea, as far as coke/nestle are concerned, keep them banned.

I dont have a particularly strong view on the whole "evil coke empire" etc, but if they stay banned well then its one less thing for people to shove flyers in my face about. and anyway, we all know coke rots your teeth!

fade wrote:
    hey phil, yah, you know I am..
    fade wrote:
    Trinity all ready is a cannabis friendly place, where else can you go for a sneaky joint with out fearin the po-lice?
    Haha! You sure you go to trinity? Remember myself ed and yannick were arrested on campus for doin that on that lil frisby pitch beside the old physics building.

• Advertisement

yes i do of course, but thats cos you arent street wise!!! you have to be carefull after dark, and anyway, there be cameras around those [place.

p.s if you ever get caught smokin in college, just say you are from d.i.t and leg it!!!! it really depends who catches you, but ya gotta be wary, ive never been caught and the few ppl who i know smoke have never ben caught.

p.p.s how come ive never seen other ppl bar my friends smoke joints around college? this place is full of squares, and im not talkin about the cool tyupe of square

Advertisement