Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Candidates Announced

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

You are correct.. Ever been to bolton st? It's like a hash factory!

The only other place I've seen peeps smoke is the odd time outside the pav (though that's sure not to happen now that they've turned it into a complete and utter shambles of a crappy gay bar for cocky bess clientele) and before the smoking ban it would oft happen in the buttery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

An anti-Coke/Nestle campaign has been registered, don't know if anyone's bother with an anti-cannabis one... Daithí, what's the scéal there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

myself ed and yannick were arrested on campus for doin that on that lil frisby pitch beside the old physics building.

If i recollect correctly, judging by the way you told me the story, it was something a little different you were arrested for.

It was? I don't think so. Enlighten me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm vehemently against any sort of pro-cannabis mandate, either in the college or anywhere.

Contrary to popular belief 'cannabis is just as toxic, if not more toxic, to the lungs than tobacco. Cannabis also can impair a person driving a car, as with alcohol. But worse still, cannabis can also can trigger schizophrenia in people that are genetically vulnerable to the disease, but who would have otherwise not developed it.'

Imagine if Coke trigged schizophrenia in people. Do you think it would be allowed?

Now I know a lot of people smoke and I have nothing against that, but 'legalising' it (you know what I mean) gives out the wrong signal.

On an another point, it is a fair assumption that use of the drug will increase in the college if the referendum is passed. Without it being legalised/controlled within the state, that may well lead to the further lining the pockets of the underworld.

I'm aware the drug can be used responsibly and stuff but I don't think that's reason enough to pass the referendum. It would be highly hypocritical, for example, to ban Coke due to its apparent murder of trade unionists in Colombia but yet to purchase anything off people who regularly murder trade unionists in Colombia.

And on a personal note, very few people seem to realise that people do use light drugs as a stepping-stone. Speaking from a purely personal background, many people use it in seriously the wrong way.

• Advertisement

Hey maayn, don't give me that fascist dictatorship attitude. Like.. negative vibes man. You should see my van dude, I've got like a strobe light made by these tibeten priests in it.

On a serious note the "gateway/stepping stone" argument is complete nonsense. I will personally guarantee that the vast majority of current Irish heroin addicts were more than moderate alcohol drinkers in their time, probably a lot more than they were hash smokers anyway. So why isn't alcohol considered a gateway drug eh?

Also would you be able to back up that argument about the schizophrenia? Cos I think it's also rubbish.

Advertisement