Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eating before piercing...

Options
  • 04-02-2005 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

i know its a bit random, but is it wise to eat or not-eat before geting a piercing?
    reason i ask is cause i've heard conflicting remarks from various different people.
    some say that eating will make you puke after the shock, others say that not-eating will increase the likelyhood of fainting... just curious!! thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

You should not go and get pierced on an empty stomach. It is a good idea to eat about half an hour to an hour before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

It's all b.s. & down to each person individidually. 7 piercings & 14 tattoos later, I've never gone eating before a piercing or tattoo & never had a problem - in fact, I've had booze before, during & after many tattoo sessions.... phhhfffttttt each to their own...

::: ven0mous :::

ven0m wrote:
    It's all b.s. & down to each person individidually. 7 piercings & 14 tattoos later, I've never gone eating before a piercing or tattoo & never had a problem - in fact, I've had booze before, during & after many tattoo sessions.... phhhfffttttt each to their own...

ok well two gallons of beer beforehand counts as a meal too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Blub2k4 wrote:
    ok well two gallons of beer beforehand counts as a meal too ;)

Beer is the ultimate all in one meal my friend; carbs, proteins, sugars & some vitamins..... how can you go wrong? Answer; you can't! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭LilyMon

when I went to get a naval piercing, the guy sent me off to eat something sweet - this apparantly to get my sugar levels up to help with the pain factor....

• Advertisement

"Best Practice" as the corporates would put it would suggest that people should eat before a piercing or tat, simply because it keeps the blood sugar up.
    Drink thins the blood which is why it is not advised before a tat, the reality is something else however.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Its all just to help with the healing process really. If you have food in your stomach it will help the immediate healing process and cut down on infection. I dont make a point of eating before a piercing and its made no difference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

yeah, well up till now i hadnt thought of eating before my piercings or anything but i am going to get tongue done which frankly i'm slightly anxious about and i was wondering what the general concensus was... thanks for the replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

yeah, well up till now i hadnt thought of eating before my piercings or anything but i am going to get tongue done which frankly i'm slightly anxious about and i was wondering what the general concensus was... thanks for the replies!
    well if you're getting your toungue pierced then eat as much as you ****in can, cos it won't be that easy afterwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

i was just in snakebite today and it said on a notice that if you haven't eaten in the last 4 hours they won pierce you

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh thats standard procedure everywhere

Advertisement