Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know eurogamer can be a little late with reviews but that review is almost a year late.

Koneko, the first project zero should be going cheap and is meant to be better and scarier than the second game.

Have to add these to my 'to get' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Great game, ****ed up at times. I wouldn't say it's quite as good as silent hill 2 or 3 though. I haven't played the first one but from what I've heard they're pretty much the exact same but crimson butterfly is easier to play.

One complaint is that as soon as you're used to the camera there is practically no challenge in the combat apart from a few ridiculously badly designed(from a gameplay standpoint) ghosts. But by the time you get to the annoying bits you're well into the game, the story and atmosfere more than make up for a few annoyances. Also it's very very slow paced-even for a survival horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't have a PS2 myself, so the game is pretty much new to me :)
    Japanese horror + game = yay!
    The original one is indeedy fairly cheap in Game at the mo.

Also, in fairness Retro, Eurogamer did review the original PS2 release, I just posted up this link because now I get to play it aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Prepare to be underwhelmed. 9/10 is much too generous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

id been meaning to get this sinc eit was released in ps2 last year. I was going to get the spanky new version on xbox, but for 30 euro less i picked it up yesterday on ps2. Seems quite good, my only gripe is you really have to wait for it to be dark before you play it for the full effect :D
    i dunno if it could beat project zero for scariness, ill have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've wanted to get one of the Fatal Frame games for awhile now, but Resident Evil 4 has so far filled the gap.

res evil & fatal frame are chalk and cheese really. Its like saying a ferrari and a mini are pretty much the same cause theyre both cars. Theyre both survival horro, but theyre worlds apart, get project zero, youll see what i mean :D

it's hella creepy when you're playing in the dark :(

broken neck woman and box woman are the worst so far, but I haven't had an awful lot of time to play it yet this weekend so I haven't gotten too far into the game yet.

made the mistake of playing it last night at 2am with the lights off :( not something id recommend people to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll have to go back to that game some day. I was really enjoying it, but then I got stuck on a stupid puzzle where you had to move dolls around a shelf.

I HATE SLIDING BLOCK PUZZLES!

Sliding block puzzles are the work of satan himself :mad:
    Anyone remember the block puzzles in soul reaver 1/2? dear god... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love sliding block puzzles. What I really hate are illogical Silent Hill 1 puzzles (the piano is just one example). However I do like being thrashed with a cat o' nine tails.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    However I do like being thrashed with a cat o' nine tails.
    keep your personal life out of this :D

Advertisement