Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky still missing ITV?

Options
  • 04-02-2005 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

After not having sky for 2 years, one year due to trees and another year because i was in an apartment I am finally moving somewhere where I can get SKY :D

So I was wondering is Sky still missing ITV and Channel 4?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yes....But you can get ITV3 and E4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Ravage

Damn fast reply :D

That's a shame. I really want to get the F1 this year. Without getting Chorus or NTL is there anyway to get this in digital format?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am not sure if you can get ITV/C4 now but from what I hear they will be on Sky soon.You should check out the Satellite Forum loads of info their.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

You can view Formula 1 free-to-air on the following channels
    That means no subscription or card needed.

Alpha TV
    NTV Turkey
    RAI Uno
    TVR 2
    TOP Channel
    TF-1

Buy a LIDL system or similar for €100

For more options ask the guys on the satellite boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Don't Sentanta Sports also have F1 this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yes but you have to be on NTL or subscribe to it on Sky.

Rumour has it that Setanta are one of the companies that interested in purchasing NTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Ravage

what's the point of Setanta having F1 on ntl if you have ITV. I guess the only benifit would be to people in ireland who subscribe to the channel via sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You can get a FTV card from the UK that wil give you itv, ch4 five and afaik itv2, there are several ways of getting your hands on one but it is easiest and cheapest if you know someone in the UK whose address you can use.

READ through the threads on the subject on the ICDG satellite board.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

There are dozens of threads on the topic if you do a search all the necessary info is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

I got Sky Plus when it came out (last year) & an extra (standard) box in the bedroom for the missus. They couldn't get the RTE1/2/TV3 on the bedroom box, so he configured it for me to get ITV and C4! Got rid of Chorus (woo!hoo!), and now have all I need with Sky!

Hey....you can always ask the installers - it is possible to get the channels you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Will_H wrote:
    I got Sky Plus when it came out (last year) & an extra (standard) box in the bedroom for the missus. They couldn't get the RTE1/2/TV3 on the bedroom box, so he configured it for me to get ITV and C4! Got rid of Chorus (woo!hoo!), and now have all I need with Sky!

Hey....you can always ask the installers - it is possible to get the channels you want!
    you were just lucky I'm afraid, take a look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=167521

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement