Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom Chat room

Options
  • 04-02-2005 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Whats happened to the chat room? i havent been in there in awhile when i went in i ended up in some spin chat website not a chat room.
    whats going on? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The chat room may appear different but you should go straight to the Phantom chat room once you enter in a username and sex (this a new thing that I don't entirely approve of).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭snowy (REAL)

:D cheers thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

There is never anyone in there and it wont let me sign in as my name 'karen' because its password protected.
    Do I have to change my name now?

it wont let me log in at all it just go's back to the login thing when i try to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

yeah I was having a bit of trouble a while ago when I tried to log in....

that place is like an institution..... in the good way.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 buellershow

Can it be accessed by IRC? I'm used to using MIRC to chat on other servers and it'd be a nice option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

An IRC channel was suggested before, most boards users use ign.quakenet.org. I suppose if you were that way inclined you could always establish your own channel.

Wow! that all just went in one ear and out the other is there a simpler way to put it or do i just know nothing at all about computers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Grim_Reaper

What was wrong with the old chatroom.... it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I've just tested it. I don't see any problems in getting in. What browser are you using?

• Advertisement

I tried to enter the chat room last night. All of the usernames I entered were password protected. Now I'm pretty sure that most of them wouldn't have been picked by people and registered with passwords, as they were medical/scientific terms. I used these after the first few names I entered were "password protected".

It asked me to enter a password or choose a varient of the username I had originally entered. This doesn't sound like a browswer issue to me.

Eventaully I just picked a name from the list provided and was in the chat room.

Just found it odd that so many names were already registered.

hmmm I just tryed to log in there to converse as MSN messenger is down....

I entered in username and sex ... clicked submit..... but that red X icon came up where the chat box should be....

I'm in IE 6, broadband..... nothing special modified or anything like that.... no anti-virus or firewall even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

no anti-virus or firewall even

Gettim, boys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭captainplanet

i thought the chatroom disapeared? every time i've tried it in the last ages, its resulted i some sort of small explosion.
    meybe its about time windows98 died...

I use Win 98 on one of my computers and it shouldn't have that kind of effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gaston

Bush damn! someone stole my name for teh chat room!
    i cant believe i have now cult following in phantom circles from teh ammount of nicks that where there!If U name stealing KNT are reading this i am out to get you, if you have the name is becuz when i used to join teh chat room there was no password.if i catch you ur Dead!!!!
    by the way i just graduated last december at almost 29 from college, so Sinister your joke about me blending in with the furniture no longer applies, although i give you this much...10 years thru' college is a really long time...i think i would have been better off in jail! I suppose Phantom had to graduate as well as i graduated, as just read u have a license! its been a long time since spectrum 105...all those student nights staying up listeninig to spectrum while trying to draw as fast as i cud for my handups.
    silverfishcatriona are you still around?

roxy wrote:
    Gettim, boys...

*Fends off hackers with Morrissey quotes*

Ha!!! that'll teach 'em

Advertisement