Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh sweet mother of God!!!! PART 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Maximum fappage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

:eek:

Gets better with every video

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

wow...noticed something unusual...well 2.

1. does the guy at the end blow up a tank with a machine gun?

2. is BF2 the only one of these new wave fps that is multiplayer specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    wow...noticed something unusual...well 2.

1. does the guy at the end blow up a tank with a machine gun?

2. is BF2 the only one of these new wave fps that is multiplayer specific?

1. I think he fires the a grenade from his gun

2. Yep, just like BF1 (don't know if your sarcastic or not)

no...what i meant (and i know its stupid asking on the bf forum...but its only a small query) what other of the next gen fps (half life 2, doom 3, stalker) is focusing primarily on the multiplayer market...the last time a big step in fps was being taken everyone was moaning about them all being multiplayer only...now look...i only know of BF2 which is multiplayer...

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    no...what i meant (and i know its stupid asking on the bf forum...but its only a small query) what other of the next gen fps (half life 2, doom 3, stalker) is focusing primarily on the multiplayer market...the last time a big step in fps was being taken everyone was moaning about them all being multiplayer only...now look...i only know of BF2 which is multiplayer...
    Its only multiplayer. Thats what the BF series was designed to be, and tbh I don't know anyone who still plays it who doesn't play online. I don't want single player in BF2, wouldn't hold my interest.

The new BF: Modern Combat for Xbox and PS2 will feature a 1 player mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think I just wet myself.

"Friday I'm in Love"

*oh sweet mother of god*

I KNOW BF IS PRIMARILY MULTIPLAYER!! I am asking what other games apart from bf2 are being multiplayer only as well. I just find it wierd that 3 years ago everyone was raving that all fps games were going to be multiplayer only. But when i look at the games coming up Bf2 is the only one.

forget i ever asked.

I've rewatched the trailer and there doesn't seem to be anything new about this game that wasn't in BF1/DC. Is there any reason (other than purdy graphics) to buy this after getting bored of playing DC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Joint Ops , Soldner are MP only.

Both crap oddly.

kdjac

• Advertisement

thank you

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    thank you
    BK, I don't think your quite getting this.

BF is a MULTI - PLAYER game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I've rewatched the trailer and there doesn't seem to be anything new about this game that wasn't in BF1/DC. Is there any reason (other than purdy graphics) to buy this after getting bored of playing DC?

Well it has a facility for greater numbers of players, and aparently it has a more streamlined interface.

Plus theres the whole commander and squad thing with in squad spawning.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GAWD THAT SUCKS!!!

Why? Cos the heavy machine gun doesn't jump when fired.

Me thinks of the M60 f*ck-up in BFV. Will they ever learn?

BK, I don't think your quite getting this.

BF is a MULTI - PLAYER game.

dont make me hurt you

tba wrote:
    Well it has a facility for greater numbers of players, and aparently it has a more streamlined interface.

Plus theres the whole commander and squad thing with in squad spawning.

So not alot then.

I thought 64 player matches were possible in BF?

Unless your in a clan the commander is going to be usless, no will listen to him.

Ciaran500 wrote:

Battlefield 2 ...... its in the name , is it not a giveaway its a sequel?
    Once it does what it says on the box think everyone be happy, its a new engine thats about it imo.

Oh and this box of tricks.

The BF2 Modding tools and MDK
    kdjac

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Unless your in a clan the commander is going to be usless, no will listen to him.

The commander doesn't just give orders. He can call in artillery, drop supplies (ammo and heath) use spydrones to locate enemy troops amougst other things. Aswell as that the squad leaders can act as mobile spawn points for squads.
    Alot of features haven't even been released yet (so say EA anyway)

Tbh I'd use these features on a pub server, not just in clan matches.

That sounds alot more usefull. I thought the commander was purely a planner.

So far the game is sounding very unimaginative, like another EA "sequel".

Have you actually read up at all on the game?

• Advertisement

Not alot, I watched the interview earlier, watched all the videos and read the "features" page on the site.

There isn't alot of information on that site.

The site is **** tbh.
    Most EA sites are.

Would reckon the commander goes out the window BFTV already has, 100 playwers down to 64 which never works unless your server has a quadigigibit connection.

And some other features planned have gone already, basically its BF in a new engine, more of the same EA like sequel or Doom type or HL type or GTA type.......

Me happy with that.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

i guess its like bfv your into it or you not,personaly i cant wait for its release :D

Advertisement