Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP delayed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

was just about to post.

bummer x 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

and there was me thinking that europe was 1st priority for sony/microsoft/nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Europe is first priority to none of the major players.

Most games and hardware get released in the rest of the world earlier and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Europe is first priority to none of the major players.

Most games and hardware get released in the rest of the world earlier and cheaper.

you don't say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

"of course it is" was my first reaction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

where is a reliable online store thats ships from the states, one who you dont get caught for duty, gamestop us always declares the duty and you get stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Gizzard wrote:
    where is a reliable online store thats ships from the states, one who you dont get caught for duty, gamestop us always declares the duty and you get stuck

if u dont get stuck for duty it means ur package is marked down, when its marked down it means if it gets lost u lose ur $249...the duty would be less then €50 if even that...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i was right to get my psp before it came out in europe nice one :D

Jammer wrote:
    if u dont get stuck for duty it means ur package is marked down, when its marked down it means if it gets lost u lose ur $249...the duty would be less then €50 if even that...

yes I know this, so anyone have any suggestions?

Try www.videogamesplus.ca They have taken down the PSP preorders for now, try again next week or emailing them. They will generally mark a package to what ever value you want.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Try www.videogamesplus.ca They have taken down the PSP preorders for now, try again next week or emailing them. They will generally mark a package to what ever value you want.

awesome thanks

Some one on another forum just got this response from VG+ about PSP preorders:

'We realize that the PSP has now been announced for March 24th, 2005 but we are awaiting confirmation on quantity and price from our suppliers. We have been discussing what we will sell the system and games for and when management comes up with details we will be posting this on the website and sending an email to all newsletter subscribers.
    We understand there are always shortages at launch as there was with the DS thats why we are trying hard to confirm these numbers and have everything run smoothly for our customers.
    Please be patient and hoepfully we will have details soon as many customers have been emailing us about the PSP console.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

anyone ever buy from lik-sang? do ye have to pay duty from there as well?
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=303&products_id=2979&

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ciaran500 wrote:
    'We realize that the PSP has now been announced for March 24th, 2005 but we are awaiting confirmation on quantity and price from our suppliers. We have been discussing what we will sell the system and games for and when management comes up with details we will be posting this on the website and sending an email to all newsletter subscribers.
    We understand there are always shortages at launch as there was with the DS thats why we are trying hard to confirm these numbers and have everything run smoothly for our customers.
    Please be patient and hoepfully we will have details soon as many customers have been emailing us about the PSP console.'

In English: We are currently deciding by how much we will increase the price of the PSP while there are shortages when it is released whilst getting away with it.

So they are doing the same in America as they did with the japanese release. Absolute bastards. The RRP from Sony is $249 dollars. It's spelt out for them. That is how much should be charged. There is absolutely no reason other than profiteering that retailers in America will have to increase the price. Same thing happened with the japanese launch where the price was increased by over $100. Expect the same treatment with the European release.

The retailers didn't have to increase the price of the PS2 or even the SNES, which when released in japan had to be taken to stores in armoured securicor type vehicles, when there were shortages. It's just pure greed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

snoopdog wrote:
    i was right to get my psp before it came out in europe nice one :D

:D:D

i was gonna say this sucks because ill have to wait ages for english games but ..ah well the yanks get it the same date so ill get em from there

weeee :D

Advertisement