Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 6100 help

Options
  • 04-02-2005 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭

lads i got my self a nokia 6100 i want to get emailing going on it how does it work and how much does each network charge for it

its my first tome trying to get emailing going on a phone

and how does infrared work on a nokia 6100 i see no light coming out of the infrared port is that normal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Thats cos you cant see the light,but if you wanna test i tand make sure if you look at the port through a digital camera you can see it flashing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

snoopdog wrote:
    and how does infrared work on a nokia 6100 i see no light coming out of the infrared port is that normal
    u won't see light....u ave to turn it on and there will be a little flashin symbol indicating that it is activated

Thats cos you cant see the light,but if you wanna test i tand make sure if you look at the port through a digital camera you can see it flashing
    wo never knew that....must try it

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i never knew that either thanks powerhousedan

now all i need is help with setting up my email
    like how does email work on a phone
    etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i got this data cable to get wallpaper i have on a pc cd on to my phone worked great last night just isnt working now i tried everything man i fair pissed off right now can any one help me please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Sorry for hijacking the htread but was not sure where to post this as I do not think it is an unlocking question. I got a nokia 6100 off a freind of mine, who was an esat customer when he used this phone. I am a vodafone customer and when I tried to use my sim card in the new phone I was firstly asked for my pin, which I input and was informed it had been accepted. Then I was aked for a security code. I have tried my PUK, my pin, 0000 and I tried to enter an unlocking code(it was too long) all to no avail. Does anyone know what I need to enter here. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Niall

Waylander wrote:
    Sorry for hijacking the htread but was not sure where to post this as I do not think it is an unlocking question. I got a nokia 6100 off a freind of mine, who was an esat customer when he used this phone. I am a vodafone customer and when I tried to use my sim card in the new phone I was firstly asked for my pin, which I input and was informed it had been accepted. Then I was aked for a security code. I have tried my PUK, my pin, 0000 and I tried to enter an unlocking code(it was too long) all to no avail. Does anyone know what I need to enter here. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Niall
    The security code is a code setup by the previous owner of the phone. When a new sim is put into the phone, it will ask for this code. It is preset to 12345 AFAIK but you might wanna go ask the previous owner what code they set it to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Thanks Fletch. I input 12345 and it didn't work. It is unlikely that the previous owner changed it as he is not the most technology freindly guy but I'll check it out with him.

Advertisement