Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Clinch & Things

• 04-02-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Would anyone one have any links to photos of "The Clinch". ?

The MMA lads refer to it alot, so i want to learn a bit about it.

any links to sites etc would be great

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Why you need photos?
    You been grabbed, you in da clinch!

You're probably coming from a KB perspective so think of where a ref breaks you, take the ref away and fight on and thats the clinch. A very painful place to be if you've no idea what to do (just like me!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

The clinch is standing grappling including striking! Takedowns are executed in the clinch range!

Google search: judo, freestyle/folkstyle wrestling, greco roman wrestling (my preferred).

Its also in seen in Muay Thai eg. Thai Clinch a clinch platform that allows a MT fighter to fire in knees and kick punch elbow when leaving it.

Clinch is when both fighters are standing and in contact with each other. Its not a style merely a range that two fighters can be in! Its importance has been shown in MMA by Randy Couture in his domination of the clinch and therefore his domination of the other two ranges Standup (Striking without grappling) and Ground (When one or both fighters are grounded).

This shows that there are simply 3 ranges in a fight. Standup, Clinch and Ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

great l'll google it and see. esp the greco roman one.

yeah familar with thai clinch, we do similar in km re shooting in knees.

such wanted to get the MMA angle as they seem to use it alot, which means they know how to do it!

I think one of the KM lads was up with JK today for a private lesson. it will be great to see what he learns and how we can integrate it into our game.

What Colum said.
    I think one of the KM lads was up with JK today for a private lesson. it will be great to see what he learns and how we can integrate it into our game.
    Will he be posting a review?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

I will ask him to.

I was speaking to him last night and he was looking forward to going up for the lesson. (assuming he went) . I am real keen to hear myself. personally I want to get my strikes sharper this year, and then later on in year I may take a few lessons in bjj to learn.

It s all about being opening and learning from the best guys out there.

Have to say I really admire those MMA guys that are competing, it takes some balls to get into the any ring, but MMA is the ultimate test of spirit and endurance.

I'd imagine the lads fighting in the point are on a heavy training routine at this stage?

One any of them give an example of what they'd be doing pre fight training wise?

• Advertisement

I was down in SBG two weeks ago and a few of the lads who are fighting were there. All I can say is that they were in animal condition.
    Those "beat em up better boys" :D sure train hard!

Advertisement