Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bogeyman!

Options
  • 04-02-2005 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

I just spoted this on imdb
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0357507/

Any one got any opinions on it apart from the one user comment
    User Comments: "Boogeyman" is awful, lacking even the most basic of storytelling fundamentals..

Its got no cast or crew names i know apart from Zena warrior princess, I uasally take that as a good thing when I look for american ( Though there is some NZ reference there as well ) horror flicks. And its got zena what more could you as for, herclies!

Also there is no mention of anyone called Rami in the credits!
    Any way its coming out soon so I wondered if anyone has heard anything about it, or seen any trailers, i cant look at the trailer here in work!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Set in Chicago, 'Boogeyman' tells the haunting tale of a young man traumatized by memories of terrible events he experienced in his childhood bedroom and who, years later, reluctantly returns home to face his fears of a monstrous entity that could be real or merely a figment of his imagination.

Sounds almost identical to Darkness Falls. This doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

True i never thought of that. But i always like the sound of horrors with unheard of casts, uasually a good sign! But we shall see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I've seen the trailer -- actually posted about it somewhere else I think.

The trailer is good, and also says 'From Sam Raimi' on it....

I'm pissed that we've to wait til May to get it over here -- it might just be another 'Darkness Falls' but I think it looks a little moodier & less FX-y from the trailer. :)

Yeah im not suprised to see sam rami`s name on it some where with lucy lawless in it. I m hopefull it will be good.

It looks deacant enough. Im thinking about getting my hands on it soon enough. Raimi has a few horror films in the works, but why oh why cant he get a move on with 30 Days of Night.

• Advertisement

I finally draged my ass over to UCI last nithg to see this film and I wasent disapointed. I wasent expecting much as I thought it was going to be another Darkness falls. As with Darkness falls the 1st 10 mins gave me the willies but Darkness falls went down hill after that. Bogey man kept up the suspense for the whole film.
    This film wont change youre life unless you are afraid of the under the bed monster. There were pleanty of jumps and freaky camera work to help pull this film together. There wasent a high body count or a lot of gore the film dident need it. Its another good film from Sam Rami and Robert Tabbert. Worth a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Caught it on Monday. It was decent enough, had a few genuinely creepy sequences. But it relies too much on the BIG NOISE SCARE and degenerates into crap CGI in the final act.

Looking back the storyline was a bit weak too. The whole thing felt like a first draft, if some of the ideas had been developed it would have definitely benefited.

I was a little disapointed, it shows a fair bit of promise but you'll have forgotten it within a month.

(It's funny that people are mentioning Darkness Falls, I noticed a few parallels in the film. It's nowhere near as bad as Darkness Falls though).

I think the darkness falls comparisoins came from the blurp on IMDB and not really by anyone actually watching the film. Horrors always have bad cgi though!Its their low bugdets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Nah, it's actually seeing something that you know is little more than pixels totally eliminates any tension. A bigger budget isn't necessarily going to give you a better scare. It's the whole idea of the monster behind the door. Once they open the door, it's never as terrifying as your imagination was telling you.

Advertisement