Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Final on a Wednesday?

• 04-02-2005 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Reports out today say the FA is considering moving the FA Cup Final to a Wednesday to help England's preparations for the 2006 World Cup.

The FA is believed to see the best date as Wednesday May 10 - three days before the end of the Premiership season - and not the original date for the final, Saturday May 20. This gives an extra week to help Sven's preparation of the team.

http://www.footballfanscensus.com/surveys/questions.html?page=1&survey_id=69

Just say no. Its traditional (getting steamed on a Saturday lunchtime before the game that is).

Also, I bet Eastenders is on the other channel that night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Well if I was English I'd certainly be in favour of my number one team (that being the national team) getting an extra week's preperation. Since there'll most likely be Irish players in the final (predictably Duff and Roy ;) ) I'd like to see it brought forward. I really couldn't give a toss about the tradition of the FA cup TBH. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Cup Final is always crap anyway (since 1991) so personally I couldn't give a toss. They can have it at 3 a.m. on a Tuesday if they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

galactus wrote:
    Also, I bet Eastenders is on the other channel that night.

'enders is on Tuedsay and Thursday! (and Sunday and Monday...)

Its a bloody disgrace, next they'll be playing it in Wales or something stupid!

Mike.

ps more seriously while I can see the logic, as Svens in charge it'll not make much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Isnt it best to qualify 1st before doin g somfin like this?

Kinda like Man Utd booking hotels in Glasgow when CL final was there.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

KdjaC wrote:
    Isnt it best to qualify 1st before doin g somfin like this?

Kinda like Man Utd booking hotels in Glasgow when CL final was there.

kdjac

It won't just benifit the English players, if Ireland qualify then an earlier finish to the English domestic season will be better for us too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

So why can't they just switch it to Sat May 6th and play matchday 37 on the midweek? Or is that just totally beyond the scope of the FA's imagination?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wednesday, Saturday, Friday, Tuesday

doesnt really matter although i like the idea of the FA Cup final under lights :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Wednesday, Saturday, Friday, Tuesday

doesnt really matter although i like the idea of the FA Cup final under lights :)

I seem to be in the minority with wanting the final to be kept on a Saturday.

Strangely, the best Cup final I've ever seen was under lights: '81 replay (Spurs v. Man City) with Argentinian Ricky Villa scoring the winner after a mazy run

Advertisement