Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photocopiers are a pain!

• 04-02-2005 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else think they're the most head-wreaking machines to use if you're trying to do something fancy?

Their GUIs couldn't get anymore cryptic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Gonzorex

Yep. Why, when everything is getting smaller and arguably more user friendly have these f*ckers remained as big and stupid as they ever were . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

but where would we be with out them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

nowhere thats where!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Just press the green button and hope for the best...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Why do people who service photocopiers wear white shirts, toner is designed to bind electrostatically and permantly to what ever it touches, also at 1200 dpi it 's very breathable :(

GUI's on copiers beat most VCR's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Photocopier aren't supposed to do anything fancy. They're just supposed to copy. Put in paper press copy button what more do you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We've got one here in our depertment that's way too f**king intelligent. It tried to resize everything. So if you're copying a page from a book, it will try to size it for you instead of doing what you want.

I also use another older one regularly which can't photocopy doublesided anymore as it jams all the time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

In UCD a lot of them are in a mess - although they;re the biggest and heftiest ones you can get. I don't think it's mechanical - i think it's the eejits who run them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ir610

i usually blame the egits who use them... u gotta hate people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

simu wrote:
    Does anyone else think they're the most head-wreaking machines to use if you're trying to do something fancy?

Their GUIs couldn't get anymore cryptic!
    Define "fancy". I don't think photocopiers could be any simpler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Try pulling down your pants and sitting on it, that'll fix it.

I'm sure there's a poll in that somewhere..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Red Alert wrote:
    In UCD a lot of them are in a mess - although they;re the biggest and heftiest ones you can get. I don't think it's mechanical - i think it's the eejits who run them.

Actually I think you'll find it's the engineering students who mess around with them to try and get free copying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oh, you sound upset are you the "eejit" that runs them?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Theres a photocopier at work and theres more bloody buttons on it than there are in a recording studio. I havent a hope of using it. i just puts the paper in and press the green button for copying and hope for the best.

and considering that both scanners and printers are so small these days why are photocopyiers so damn huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ir610

Actually I think you'll find it's the engineering students who mess around with them to try and get free copying

damn right.. but generallly it does work... its only the people who try to copy the engineering students that break them... gotta love free photocopying.

to piss everyone off: if there are counters, swop the counters on two photocopiers and then no-one will have a baldy what the hell is happening. pretty funny...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

enlighten us please. does this involve pulling out the connector cable from the counter?

no I'm not one of the eejits who runs the photocopiers in ucd.

But I used to be based in the Arts block and I remember seeing students messing around with the copiers and then they'd be broken :( quite frustrating when you've got a million pages of notes to copy

Try taking your own notes, instead of copying :P

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Lump wrote:
    Try taking your own notes, instead of copying :P
    But then there would be no need for them.
    They would all be sent to the photocopier graveyard in the sky.

My method got me an honours degree :rolleyes:

mainly they were pages from books I was copying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I hope you got permission from the publishers, or else yoour degree is null and void.

My method of taking my own notes got me an honours degree too, ain't I great.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

*cough* copyrightlaws *cough*

copyright laws only kick in if you copy more than 10% of the book.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Plagiarism laws, however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Define "fancy". I don't think photocopiers could be any simpler.

Well, the other day, I wanted to shrink a newspaper article to A4 size and make copies of it. Not that fancy really but I couldn't get it to work. Grr!

Advertisement