Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield FM

• 04-02-2005 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one that thinks Belfield Fm is under supported, they have made huge leaps and bounds this year even upgrading ther eequipment so now they have a digital music library that rivals any any pro station and even moved their transmittor to the top of the water tower giving them coverage of the whole of dublin. however, the fact that the college moved them fom the lake and has dumped them in a portacabin and baiscally give sthem no support is disgraceful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

whats the frequency forbelfield fm???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

tintinr35 wrote:
    whats the frequency forbelfield fm???

97.3 i tune din today but trinity are on it at the min i think they are back on feb 14

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

why don't they operate out of the student centre? seems the most logical place to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

access issues. Only the SU corridor has 24 hr access, and there is no other available office space that would provide them the necessary facilities.

And even though the Observer is moving off the corridor they can't go there because it would be senseless to move one kind of media off the corridor just to replace it with another media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I thought it was much better, and made sure everyone knew about belfield FM, when they were located near the lake. What the f**k the university was doing, movin them all the way past the student centre into a tiny portacabin thingy, I just do not know or understand. :rolleyes: :mad:

Moving the transmitter to the top of the watertower was a stroke of genius, it's a pity they only get two weeks transmission per academic year really. Especially given that they can reach the whole of Dublin now. They'll be back from the 14th-19th of this month, if ya haven't listened before then do so - you will be pleasantly surprised... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

they were moved because there noise was interfering with (pick from) the Pres, teh registrar or the phone switch.

AFAIK they've a licence for 8 weeks this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Thank fúck they moved that piece of crap. As you probably hadn't noticed the law library faces directly over the lake and the former belfield fm so when they were broadcasting they were as noisy as fúck. God they annoyed me, think it was particulary bad close to exams or maybe when an essay was due.

Must have been a nightmare for final year students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

there is talk of them builind a studio upstairs in the student centre which would give them a ralistic chance of getting a full time community license.

Advertisement