Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves vs Sunderland

• 04-02-2005 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Elliots goal :O

Cracker :)

oh 1-1 all now, **** all else on tv.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon Wolves.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

God their bad , 1st 60 minutes they looked like a Div 1 team.
    Without Ince they be fcuked.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Elliott - The best first season from any Irish striker I can remember.

starts: 21 (1 fa cup)
    sub: 10 (2 league cup)
    goals: 13 (1 league cup)
    assists: 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Big things to come from the lad, and hes a sound little chap aswell. Be nice if he can get a goal against portugal, start him on the way to international caps galore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I delighted Elliott is doing so well for Sunderland. Ireland have real attacking options now, with Reid,McGeady,Keane,Elliott,Duff. But i would love elliott to starting scoring a few more for Sunderland..........he has 12 goals and i have him to be top goal scorer at 66/1(eacy way). i got those odds at the start of the season.lol.

• Advertisement

top scorer in division one? tis a bit late for that i reckon, one of the ipswich forwards has about twenty.

Elliot is currently sunderlands top scorer by a good few goals, 5 i think, from Marcus Stewart. Couldnt have hoped for a better start to his career really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I got Elliott at each way so i only need him to be in the top 4 goal scoring chart.

Draupnir wrote:
    top scorer in division one? tis a bit late for that i reckon, one of the ipswich forwards has about twenty.

Elliot is currently sunderlands top scorer by a good few goals, 5 i think, from Marcus Stewart. Couldnt have hoped for a better start to his career really.
    The top scorer for Ipswich in the Championship is Bent with 15. The top scorer overall is Ashton with 18.

Elliott got just as much luck as he could have hoped for with Kyle's long term injury at the start of the season. If Kyle didn't get injured Elliott would probably still be a bench regular.

With the way Marcus Stewart has been playing, I would have said Elliot would have taken his place beside Kyle.

Draupnir wrote:
    With the way Marcus Stewart has been playing, I would have said Elliot would have taken his place beside Kyle.
    We don't know how Stewart would have been playing if Kyle didn't get injured. When Kyle was fit (for a short period matches), he and Stewart were first choice.

• Advertisement

Im well aware of that fact, but these are all ifs and buts eirebhoy, who is to say Elliot wouldnt have forced his way into the team ahead of Marcus Stewart and scored twice as many alongside Kyle?

In my opinion, Elliot is the better player than Stewart, and I think the stats show that anyway. Good player for Elliot to learn from though as he is still developing his game.

Advertisement