Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost In The Shell DVD audio quality?

Options
  • 04-02-2005 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone here owns a R2 copy of Ghost In The Shell on DVD? If you read the reviews of the DVD on amazon.co.uk you'll find that a number of buyers complained that the audio transfer is a half second out of sync with the video and is very distracting as a result. Has anyone had this problem with their copy of DVD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Ye i noticed that as well, but i think it's only on the dubbed audio not the japanese one. Oh well back to subtitles.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Kain wrote:
    Oh well back to subtitles.

As it should be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have the DVD, but I've never watched the dub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Its true that the original R2 release of Ghost in the Shell had an annoying lag in sound on the english dub, very poor considering it was such a major release.
    Since then Manga has released a new R2 "Special Edition" of Ghost in the Shell, and the sound is now perfectly in sync. So when you go to pick up a copy, make sure its the more recently released special edition (although it has little or nothing extra to the original DVD release :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

Since then Manga has released a new R2 "Special Edition" of Ghost in the Shell, and the sound is now perfectly in sync. So when you go to pick up a copy, make sure its the more recently released special edition (although it has little or nothing extra to the original DVD release :rolleyes: )

Nice one. Cheers for the information Full Circle!

• Advertisement
Advertisement