Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Earthquake in India has at Least One Quake 3 Fan Confused

Options
  • 16-02-2001 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭

/me cringes 'cos some one posted this

[cue Homer Simpson voice] Hmmm, pigeons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Huh, i thought it was pretty good smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Sources reported last week that a massive earthquake in India, with a death toll of more than 8,000, has

confused at least one fan of the popular first-person shooter Quake 3.

The Q3 fan's confusion came to light moments after local news aired a brief segment on the quake. "Holy ****, they had a Quake Con in India and more than 8,000 people played," the confused fan later told his friends. "It was all over the news." The confused fan went on to report that the Quake Con must still be going over there. "They said the death toll is still rising. What a fragfest," he added, an excited glimmer in his eye.

Although fans of Quake 3 are notoriously dim-witted, this particular fan's boundless ignorance has shocked even his closest Q3 friends. "I didn't know what the **** he was jabbering about," shrugged D35t7Vkt0R-69. "Then I finally figured out he was referring to that devastating earthquake in India, and I was like, you dumbass. But I didn't have the heart to tell him his mistake. He was just so excited about a Quake Con being in India that I couldn't destroy that."

Added the friend: "I'll happily rail his ass in a hardcore game of DM, and follow that up with two rocket blasts to his face the moment he spawns, no problem. But I can't bear to crush the boyish glow in his eyes."

At press time, the Q3 fan is still hopelessly confused about the most powerful earthquake to hit India in more than half a century, measuring a 7.9 on the Richter scale. When asked to comment on the Q3 fan's confusion, Dawood Ismail Siddhi, a resident of the coastal village of Bhuj, which was hit hardest by the quake, said "There is nothing left between the sky and the earth any more. Everything has been demolished."

"**** yeah it has," exclaimed the confused fan in response. "What did he expect from such a mind-blowing Quake Con. More than 8,000 people. Imagine."

"And then the news posed the disturbing question," the confused fan went on. "Could such a quake happen here in Iowa? And I was like, hell yeah! If a little country like India can have such a hellacious Quake Con, then we can definitely do one in Iowa." The Q3 fan said that after seeing the news, he leapt to his feet and immediately began organizing Quake Con 2001 to take place in Des Moines, location to be announced.

"I mean, India and Iowa actually do have a lot in common," he added. "They both start with 'I,' for instance."

indiaquake.jpgRelief workers survey the damage after the massive "Quakefest."

Advertisement