Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saracen hazard pro

Options
  • 04-02-2005 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

can anyone tell me if the saracen hazard pro is any good. i could not find any reviews for it on the net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Enduro

For what type of cycling? Road Commuting? Mountainbiking?

Actually it doesn't really matter. Basically, its rubbish. You can do better for the same money. What kind of cycling do you intend to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac 79

mountain biking mostly and some road use. what other bikes could i get for that price range and where would i get them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Enduro

If you're really going to be mountainbiking then you're going to need a bike which doesn't disintigrate after a few hours on the Irish mountains. This rules out all the cheap and nasty "value" bikes. You'll also want something that doesn't weigh a ton. That means upping your price range a bit. Have a look at this thread :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221126

There are a few bike recommendations in there that are as good value for money as you'll find for an entry level mountain bike (for actual mountain biking). Getting a good second hand bike could be a cheaper way of picking up a good mountain bike, but you need to know what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

The Saracen bike is the typical crap that comes from Argos and shops like that. People think its cheap and cheerful and will do the job. Basically after doing mountain biking myself you are gonna have a broken fork, broken bones and be stranded somewhere. U need to have a decent bike for mountain biking so I would go into a reliable store somewhere and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Fully agree. You must check the small print really carefully on those ultra cheap mountain bikes. Look out for phrases such as "not suitable for offroad use". Fine for commuting and the odd kerb but just will not hold up burning up and down mountains.

Theres a good reason why people pay 1000 yoyo+ for MTBs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement