Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrone Castle?

Options
  • 04-02-2005 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. My friend's Dad is a taxi driver, and he is taking some Americans to "Tyrone Castle" tomorrow and he asked me to look up some directions for him. So I tried Google, but there seems to be a lot of castles in Tyrone. Benburb Castle, Harry Avery's Castle, Mountjoy Castle and a load of others. Does anyone know which one might likely be referred to as "Tyrone Castle"? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi there. I have been watching this thread since you first wrote it. I'm originally from this part of the country and am ashamed to say that I have never heard of Tyrone Castle. I asked my Dad and Uncles and nobody heard of it.

The closest anyone came to it, was Tyrone Guthries Castle outside Newbliss in County Monaghan. It's not really a castle but a very big house that is now owned by the Arts Council I think and is used by visiting artists.

Put me out of my misery and tell me if you ever discovered a Tyrone Castle.

Advertisement