Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230 & Vodafone settings...

Options
  • 04-02-2005 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I've just got a 6230 off someone secondhand. It was previously on O2 and so all the settings are configured to O2.

I'm on Vodafone myself. Now, the phone is unlocked etc, but I need the details for the WAP, GPRS, MMS, Email, etc.

Has anyone got these details to hand? Extra knowledge on entering them in the 6230 would be great too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

Try Nokia.ie you click on setting and after done they are send to your phone.

It work for me a couple of days ago

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Cheers mate, works a charm :)

Now, I just need to sort out my email.

I remember before I could type a text message and then choose to send it to an email addy.. it just "worked". I don't know how. It came up as coming from <mymobilenumber>@&lt;something>.vodafone.ie if I remember correctly.
    Anyone familiar with this and what details are needed? The ones on the Nokia site aren't quiet what I'm looking to do.

I also wanna set it up to work with my own POP3.. I've taken the details off the Nokia site and then edited them to suit my POP3 account with my online webspace. I'm getting various connection errors etc saying I'm not subscribed to GPRS, but GPRS works fine from the "Services" menu.
    All those proxy server details and what not, how much of it do I need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

To send email via text

Go to the 'Messages' menu of your phone.
    Select 'Create'/'Compose'.
    Type MAIL<space>type the e-mail address then type the message.
    Send the message to 51745.

In regards the email client on your phone.
    Are you a Bill pay or Pre pay customer with Vodafone as if you are on Prepay this service is not yet available.

I'm a prepay customer :(

As for 51745.. that a service provided by Vodafone? or is it a 3rd party? What's the costs per email? What "from-address" does the email show up as?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

ciaranfo wrote:
    Now, I just need to sort out my email.
    I also wanna set it up to work with my own POP3.. I've taken the details off the Nokia site and then edited them to suit my POP3 account with my online webspace. I'm getting various connection errors etc saying I'm not subscribed to GPRS, but GPRS works fine from the "Services" menu.
    All those proxy server details and what not, how much of it do I need?

There is already a sticky set up in this forum for all of the questions you have asked. Its the 3rd one down on the list or click this

Thanks for the link but there's no info relating to Vodafone prepay in there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Not directly, but at the end of the Vodafone settings there is a link to this

That should help you out
    :D

<edit>and i have just remembered, that knowing vodafone, that link will not work, as sometimes when u send somebody a link from voadafone, it seems to be specific to the session each user creates</edit>

IF IT DOESN'T WORK, GO TO THIS ONE

Seems like a good link wolfman, I'll have a look a little later. Cheers :)

Advertisement