Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need anything from OcUK?

Options
  • 05-02-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

I will be buying the new DFI LanParty mobo this week via pre-order on OcUK (and maybe RAM too). All my other components will be sourced through Komplett as they are cheapest.
    However OcUK charge a pretty hefty shipping charge and I was wondering if anybody here needed an excuse to order off them?
    I would order from OcUK with my CC and whoever wants in can give me the money for their stuff and a portion of the shipping.

Now, this may not suit everybody. But if you're interested then please post here. I'll probably be ordering on Monday.

(And Komplett, if you read this, please start stocking DFI)

BTW mods, if there is a problem then please move this. I just thought that many people who would buy from OcUK would frequent here.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Which ones overclock.co.uk or overclockers.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Sorry, overclockers.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

OcUK's customer service are really crap at the moment. I would steer away from them unless you really have no other choice. Is something goes wrong, its close to impossible to get them. They no longer support any email communication so calling them is an option. Remember that this problem doesnt relate only to the current purchase but RMA's as well.
    I heard that the wrote on their forum that they are getting 300 SLI boards and then turns out they only received 30 LOL, obviously their customers wasnt happy and they ended up deleting the thread.
    I'm not saying I have not used them but only when there's no other place to get the stuff from.

Hmm, well Overclock.co.uk have the same board. Maybe I'll buy from them... I did notice that thread being deleted alright. But AFAIK DFI handle their own RMA's. That's why I don't mind dealing with Overclockers.co.uk.
    Well if anyone is interested in stuff from either of them then post here.
    Thanks neokenzo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

OcUK's customer service are really crap at the moment.

I found Overclockers.co.uk very good to deal with!
    I got my telly card off them. It arrived quickly. Had rubbish documentation and I couldn't configure it properly at first. Rang Overclockers and they were helpful; didn't know what the problem was but offered a refund even thought there was nothing wrong with the product (and I had been aware of that at the time).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

overclockers.co.uk have a deadfull reputation online. Grand if your component works but if something goes wrong there awfull I have seen dozens of complaints. Myself and a friend where both unable to even order from them. overclock.co.uk I have dealt with a dozen times and I would rate there service extremely highly.

Azza wrote:
    overclock.co.uk I have dealt with a dozen times and I would rate there service extremely highly.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

WizZard wrote:
    I will be buying the new DFI LanParty mobo this week via pre-order on OcUK (and maybe RAM too). All my other components will be sourced through Komplett as they are cheapest.
    However OcUK charge a pretty hefty shipping charge and I was wondering if anybody here needed an excuse to order off them?
    I would order from OcUK with my CC and whoever wants in can give me the money for their stuff and a portion of the shipping.

Now, this may not suit everybody. But if you're interested then please post here. I'll probably be ordering on Monday.

(And Komplett, if you read this, please start stocking DFI)

BTW mods, if there is a problem then please move this. I just thought that many people who would buy from OcUK would frequent here.

Dunno about anyone elses experience but I've had nothing but praise to sing for overclockers.co.uk. Everything has arrived in a couple of days and since the email service stopped, it's a bit of a pain in the hole getting through on the phone but a little persistence goes a long way. My last order -- psu and some other bits, went for a walkabout and parcelforce didn't know where the package was going. It took me near 20mins to get them on the phone but as soon as I did it was sorted in seconds -- they're hiring more phone staff and are aware of the problem. I'd still recommend em to anyone.

Since you brought it up, I do have a €100 selection of fans/junk in my shopping basket at present. The other page I have open is the ocuk checkout I've been humming and hawwing about for the past while ;)

I'll split postage and give you cash up front for my goods if needs be -- good plan, loads of people frequently pile in together when ordering from them :D

Drop me a pm if you decide to go ahead with overclockers and we can sort something out, can meet you in town or wherever. If you're ordering on Monday then it should get here by Wednesday-Thursday. I've no problem waiting until Saturday/Sunday to meet again and collect, if it makes things easier for you with work/whatever your plans are, just let me know.

Anyway, I may need some bit and bobs. Probably around 40E-50E. Wouldnt mind going with ya since it wont be worth me paying £22 for it to shipped here :)

UPDATE:
    I've just been quoted €190 for the DFI board that I want from A1 Technologies in Parkgate St (Irelands only DFI supplier). However they haven't confirmed it with me yet. It will take two weeks for the board to arrive though.
    If they don't confirm with me by Monday then I will be purchasing from Overclock.co.uk and we can all share shipping.
    Anyone else who is interested please post here as the more people that we have the less shipping will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I am looking for the DFI board myself I am looking at the Ultra-D version as I dont want SLI.
    So I could be up for this.

good, good! The more the merrier etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

overclockers have finally annoyed me

i made an order..a keyboard some blank cds and some dvds...

put the wrong expirey date in by accident..got an email back saying its wrong and i will have to ring them to tell them what i want to do

but i couldnt get through on the sodding phone!

an online site not accepting emails is a ****ing joke!....ive gone to ebuyer again now! :rolleyes:

Right, I rang A1 again and they confirmed that they'll order the board so it looks like I may not be ordering that from overclock.co.uk
    However, does anyone know where I can get a side-window for a Wavemaster case? I have asked overclock.co.uk can they order one. I'm sure I'll hear by monday. And babyeater, ring A1 Tech, they may be able to sort you out from the same place they're ordering mine from.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

<<Double post sorry>>

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

What i Think of Overclockers.co.uk
    Order my Sapphire X800XT on the 13-DEC-04 they sent out an AGP instead of PCI-E. I sent it back straight away and it took until the 2-FEB-05 for my new card to arrive i had to pick a different one cos they didn’t have Sapphire X800Xt in Stock, i was ringing them for weeks with no success, finally got through with a fax. They have some good prices and a nice selection of parts but an appalling after sales service.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jessy wrote:
    i was ringing them for weeks with no success, finally got through with a fax

Same here last month. Got email reply to my fax within a day. That got the ball rolling

GLS delivery is awful though - fecking cowboys :(

Advertisement