Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 PLaylists & MP3s...

Options
  • 05-02-2005 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to create a playlist on my 6230. I want to be able to just click a button in the goto menu or something and load it up.

I want it to randomly cycle through my songs.

I want to be able to browse around on the phone while it's playing, without any interuption.

I installed the Software off the CD but don't see any playlist options etc... I need the latest version from the site or am I missing an option in the phone ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Also, where in god's name is the Infrared port on it? :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

id presume the bluetooth port and the infra red port are in the same place

I'm pointing my other phone everywhere on it and can't find the IRDA :(

As for the MP3.. you guess it.. I found it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

what kinda clown are you, it's right below the speaker on the right hand side

I'm the worst kinda clown :D

Thanks for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

That reminds me
    I got a new cover for mine today and the new cover has the infra-red covered

what a crock of ****

Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

If you have the Nokia PC Suite installed, use the "Nokia Audio Manager" application to create playlists.

Once the playlist has been uploaded to the phone, you can use it in the "Music Player". Also, if you check the options within the "Music Player", you'll see a randomise option.

- Neil

My latest challenge is to find out how to add a link to my playlist to my right click or goto menu... :|

kinkstr wrote:
    id presume the bluetooth port and the infra red port are in the same place

I don't know where the bluetooth port is but it doesn't matter becuase bluetooth doesn't depend on line of site

Try the www.expansys.ie forum for more help on the 6230, just do a search for it on the left hand side.

Hi,

ciaranfo - You can't add a playlist to the Goto Menu, only the predefined items can be added. The nearest you can get is to add "Music Player".

I'm not sure if the "Music Player" remembers the last playlist you used, but it might...

- Neil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I was thinking of getting a 6230 on an upgrade. How many MP3s can the phone hold?

A 1gig multimedia card can be bought from komplett for under 100€
    So 300mp3s...
    edit, i'd have to warn you though, the mp3 player on it is a pain to use, I have the phone about 6 months with a 512mb and must have used the mp3 player 3 times.

I have a gig card in one but the problem is the phone won't recognise or the card won't allow more than 150 tracks on the root. ( which is where the phone reads them from)
    I have a transcend card

Dec

Transend the card?? There's a way to put albums in folders etc, I had a go at it and got one or 2 playlists going, it takes too long to organise over bluetooth, I dunno if the usb cable is any quicker.

Hi,

Fabritzo - "Transcend" are a brand of MMC card and yes, the datacable is faster, well over 10x faster than Blueooth.

deckie27 - What version of firmware do you have on the phone (press *#0000#) ?

If you want to put songs into folders on the MMC card, you have to organise the files then create a playlist using the Nokia PC Suite via Bluetooth, Infra-red or the USB datacable.

- Neil

Mt firmware 4.28
    dated 24-6-04
    I must try that with the suite.
    I just copy the files onto card with card reader so much faster as I don't have a usb cable

theothernt wrote:
    Hi,

ciaranfo - You can't add a playlist to the Goto Menu, only the predefined items can be added. The nearest you can get is to add "Music Player".

I'm not sure if the "Music Player" remembers the last playlist you used, but it might...

- Neil
    I can't seem to find a way to even add the music player to the goto menu... It's not appearing :|

Hi,

deckie27 - The firmware you have is fine although there are two newer versions out (v4.44 and v5.24) although you shouldn't need an update unless you have aspecific problem. In case you were having issues with the playlists (like I wat), try this tutorial on how to create playlists in the Nokia Audio Manager

ciaranfo - The version of firmware you have must not support it, have a look at the first post on this message board

- Neil

Where's the Nokia service centers in Dublin ?

Hi,

I've delt with this place a few times...

Telephone Centre
    Dawson Street, Dublin Dublin 2
    01-6776655

- Neil

• Advertisement
Advertisement