Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone please help with my GPRS problem (there's money in it for you)

Options
  • 05-02-2005 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

I bought a samsung D500 on ebay from someone in the uk and while everything is fine with the phone I can't access the net I put in all the correct settings for my provider (O2) but whenever I try to connect with the browser I just get
    "error: connection to server lost".

I get a "G" appear in the top right before this but then nothing.

I've tried dozens of things to get it working and the phone isn't out in ireland yet but shouldn't it still be able to use basic GPRS?!!?

If anyone could please shed some light on this i'de be really grateful and send you a tenner via paypal for whoever fixes it!!!

I really love this phone and it would be a shame to have to sell it on.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Check out my post here, solution might work for you and I won't even charge you a tenner ;)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=223497

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

ok, that got MMS working which means that the GPRS will work hopefully....
    however there is a password in the settings it pushed down and i don't have it.
    it's 7 digits!!!

username: user
    password: *******

Can anyone fill in the blank here?

The password is user123 but you don't usually need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

i found the problem.
    it was in the MMS settings.

Had to change it from WAP 1.2 to WAP 1.0
    Probably because irish networks are retarded.
    Hopefully this will help any other poor bastards that get into this trouble.

email still isn't working :confused:

Advertisement