Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop Question

Options
  • 05-02-2005 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

im trying to do some pixel-perfect work in PS.
    however is the smallest unit i can select a pixel
    the grid in teh background is boxed off in half pixels
    Is there any where i can change a setting to be able to select by half pixel?

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hi,

im trying to do some pixel-perfect work in PS.
    however is the smallest unit i can select a pixel
    the grid in teh background is boxed off in half pixels
    Is there any where i can change a setting to be able to select by half pixel?

Tnx
    I don't think you can go smaller than 1px - try asking at the Photoshoppage forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

No - a single pixel is the smallest area...

Just aswell it's 'Pixel Perfect' work you're doing, and not 'Half a Pixel Perfect' work... ;)

You could try some jiggery pokery, and effectively decrease the size of a pixel by increasing the image resolution but; TBH, chances are it won't give you what you need...

Basically you need to start with larger (hi-res) images from the outset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Starting with a higher resolution image would not be the best way to go, because IF the pixel is the smallest measurement, then when Photoshop downsamples the resolution, parts of the image that were offset by 1pixel may suddenly become alligned. Just my two cents!

Advertisement