Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

change e-mail provider

• 05-02-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

:D Please help a terminally stupid guy ( me )
    I've got an e-mail account with Applemac ( my other computer is an iMac and it works fine for $99 per year ) Outlook express is the default e-mailer on my new laptop and it refuses to send mail " error server could not be found "
    Now if I stayed up 'till 5.00 I might sort it but I'll ask the resiudent genius's here for help if possible Yrouble is, the laptop is great and a lot faster than the Mac.
    cheers
    Broan C.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

You need the Pop settings for your email server, sorry i cant be much more help than that, they should be in your old account settings on your Imac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

kinkstr wrote:
    You need the Pop settings for your email server, sorry i cant be much more help than that, they should be in your old account settings on your Imac
    smtp rather than pop3 for sending mails

recipio, what ISP are you with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:o thanks guys
    I'm signed on to broadband with utv.net---are they the isp ??
    B.C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yes they're your ISP, you should get email address and settings from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:rolleyes: thanks again .
    I've discovered that since I got the laptop and the iMac set up going through an airport extreme ( wireless ) the mail on the Imac is down also unless I go to the mac account on their website. Must be the original settings are changed . Will get back after fiddling !

recipio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

http://www.macmail.com/support/configuration.php

if that doesnt help , whats the last part of your email,

ie, john@hotmail.com

are you @apple.com?

Advertisement