Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand PS2 price

Options
  • 05-02-2005 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

How much do they cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm sure they vary according to what games and accessories they have with them. Check the Buy&Sell, or the For Sale forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Robert_Plant

No, its nothing but ripoffs in the midlands in the Buy&Sell so I'm asking about in retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

109 in Game
    159 new

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Be careful about getting a second hand PS2. The lasers on PS2s wear out over time. So if you play games a lot you will probably be buying another or sending it off to be fixed (about the price of a second hand PS2 :rolleyes: ) within 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

In other words, don't buy a PS2 at all if you can't afford to buy another one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

if you are looking for a ps2 at all the best way is to go on ebay coz u will get the most reasonable price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Personally I'd say you're mad to buy a 2nd user PS2 (especially off of eBay :rolleyes: ). As has been said the lens and servo wear out in them with constant usage. Mine's over 3 yrs old and never any problems but I know people who have 1 yr old ones that won't read discs, lock up etc.; might be that sony is building them to such a low price these days that QC isn't as stringent as it once was when these things cost €350.
    Buying on eBay means you could end up with one that some 7 yr old kicked round his bedroom, just to save ~€70.

Besides the new small ones are a lot better looking...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

With little price difference between new and second-hand, you're as well to buy one of the new slim ones at 150 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

you are better off saving up and getting one of the new slim PS2.

Firstly they look really cool, all the hardware in them is brand spanking new and will last a lot longer than a 5 year old PS2

Secondly it is so hard to find people selling console stuff at a decent price these days. Everyone things just because they spend a lot of money on something that they should sell it second hand for only a fraction less than what they bought it for. It is ridculous that you get a person selling a PS2 with a few cames for over a 100 euro when you can buy a brand new one for 150.

Advertisement