Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How pissed off should I be.

Options
  • 05-02-2005 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Got an Ipod (new 20gb) in canada a couple of weeks back, and as I was going to be bringing it back here I decided to get the 3 year warentee with it just incase something went wrong.
    After only a week using it I had to bring it into my local apple shop (which for tht time being will remain nameless). Little did I know this woul be the start of a continuious cycle of annoyance and incompetence. I found my battery live was usually no longer that 3 hours, which struck me as pretty poor. Dropped it into the shop boxed, with all connections, software and warentee (as I presumed it would have to be sent back. Didnt hear anything back for a couple of days so called...normal bs so and so is not here will call back, this happened for three days in a row, before I finally got a call informing me that there was nothing wrong with it and it played for ten hours when they tried it ( i smell a fob off). Was suspicious, but decided to try it again and see what happens. Went into the shop and had a quick chat with the technician, and said I'd try it again. was landed with a €20 bill (thought the warentee would cover this). Got home to find that the warentee, original receipt and firewire connection was not there (which I need to charge the ipod). Called the shop
    cant find the warentee, will call back..guess what no call yet. Starting to loose patience. I am not usually one to make a fuss or cause scenes, but think it is the only thing I can do. Any suggestions?? Thank for reading this long rant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

very

Thats a bit cráp to say the least.
    When my ipod stopped working I called up apple tech support and they directed me to this website: http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/. They sent out UPS to my house and they picked up my ipod. They then sent me a brand new one to my door free of charge within 5 days. Fill out the above form and have them pick up your ipod. You can add extra comments, like the fact that they lost your firewire cable and they should send you out another one.

Hope this helps, good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

**** calling them, call into the shop and say you're not leaving till you get your stuff back.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Yeah they should give you everything back, if they can't then only accept a new one one with a new warranty. If they won't then accept nothing back, don't argue with them, send apply to the small claims court. They'll settle up pretty quick then. A judge will take a dim view of such crap service.

Deleted accidental post... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What?

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

thanks for the replys guys, Going to call them today for one last time, as it is hard for me to get into town during the week. Will let rip at someone on the phone and see what happens, will post an update

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

dont take that fob-off! go into the shop and ask to see the manager. dont take excuses. tell him the story, ask for a full replacement as the first attempt at fixing your ipod went wrong(ish). It is SOP for most companies to replace your unit if the first attempt at fixing it goes wrong. If you are too nervous to confront them, get a friend to do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

I had same experience as Jabba - a very positive one. I didn't deal with the shop (as I bought it in Amsterdam); I rang Apple direct, within 18 hours there was a guy from UPS at my door, he took it away and I had it back within six days. I was highly impressed. Give the shop a miss, Apple have good procedures in place, and if you're not getting satisfactory service it's likely the fault of the shop - go direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The normal procedure with any faulty ipod is for Apple to deal directly with the warranty. APPLE MADE THAT DECISION NOT THE STORES. As for losing the parts on you, yeah they should be replaced. With regard to been charged for the repair, the shop had absolutely no contract with you- the reason why, you didn't buy it there, they were supplying you a service so they charged you for it.

If you are going to the small claims you, you will more than lightly lose your case, you are tryign to bring a canadian store to an Irish court, since the sale took place in Canada you are subject to Canadian law. In effect you are asking to Small Claims Court to make a decision on a canadian company based on Canadian law.

Basically you bought an ipod in Canada, it was cheaper, so you saved some money. Now you are pissed off that the fact you saved some money is causing you alot of hassle.

Send it back directly to Apple and save yourself all the problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

To add to my earlier post, I'm Irish, my iPod was bought in the Netherlands, I received support and had the iPod shipped out of and back to Spain. Comprehensive service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

gillo wrote:
    The normal procedure with any faulty ipod is for Apple to deal directly with the warranty. APPLE MADE THAT DECISION NOT THE STORES. As for losing the parts on you, yeah they should be replaced. With regard to been charged for the repair, the shop had absolutely no contract with you- the reason why, you didn't buy it there, they were supplying you a service so they charged you for it.

If you are going to the small claims you, you will more than lightly lose your case, you are tryign to bring a canadian store to an Irish court, since the sale took place in Canada you are subject to Canadian law. In effect you are asking to Small Claims Court to make a decision on a canadian company based on Canadian law.

Basically you bought an ipod in Canada, it was cheaper, so you saved some money. Now you are pissed off that the fact you saved some money is causing you alot of hassle.

Send it back directly to Apple and save yourself all the problems.

The service they supplied was to check out the iPod and return as it was handed over. This they failed miserably to do. They also failed to tell him that he could return it to Apple. So thats just ripping him off so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

hello all,
    Thanks for all the useful information. Going to small claims court was not on option I really considered, it seems like was to much hasle.....I would have probably have won tho, watch loads of matlock and ally mcBeal :D . Got the firewire cable back yesterday, but still no sign of the paperwork. The guy there was saying "the shop you bought it in should have no problem finding a replica", kind of implying that I should do it. I think it totally their responsability. The ipod itself "seems" to be working but I am still not convinced. I This weekend I'll set it playing continiously and see how long I get out of it. If it's not between 8-10 hours i'm going straight back to apple, as has been suggested in your posts. Thanks Again.
    John

Advertisement