Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone *174#

Options
  • 05-02-2005 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I type *174# into my new 6230 and I get "response unknown".

My SIM is VOdafone and it worked on my other phone. Would the problem be because the phone is an O2 phone?

Any ideas on getting around it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

As far as i am aware this phone was only realsed on Vodafone as a postpiad phone and as such has not been set up on the system for RTG services such as the balance on demand service you refer to.

This may have changed but up until recently this was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

As far as I know, this should still work.
    Are you sure you are using the correct sim card?
    I made this mistake before by repeating it with my bill sim card instead of my Ready to Go sim card.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have a Prepaid O2 and a Prepaid Vodafone.

My Vodafone SIM is definitly in the phone.

I assumed it just sent a signal to the operator who then sent a response.. hell, I can do it on an old phone I have which was unlocked and what not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Very strange!
    I thought this would have worked on any phone?

Yeh, me too.... it seems well odd :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Same here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177279

I just live without it and use the speakerphone for checking balance

I can't live without it..... I need it back :'(

I'm fed up texting bal to 50233...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Bal to 50223? that's news to me, well if you do get it working don't forget to share your news with the rest of us poor sods.

I only found out about it myself a week ago...

You know the text bundles they have at the moment? Well, it's how you check the amount of messages you have left... It just so happens to tell you your credit balance aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh ive been usin the *174# option on all my phones until i got the 6230. It just doesnt work...i really must get onto vodafone about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I have a 6230 and it wont work for me either,its really annoyin!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I got my firmware updated to 5.24 (I think the latest is 5.26) and now the *174# is working grand. I'd suggest you do the same, this small feature makes life so much easier :) (do backup your phone contents before as a firmware upgrade erases your phone memory and basically gives you back all the defaults)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

where did u get the upgrade done?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

GaRtH_V wrote:
    where did u get the upgrade done?
    Here - they're on Dawson Street.

Advertisement