Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Super Tenere

Options
  • 05-02-2005 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

im thinking of getting a yamaha Supere Tenere

anybody got any good/bad stories of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

no experience with this bike but you may consider Honda's Africa Twin, more parts and it's cult bike for some. Very good for long journeys.
    xrv750.jpg

If you are going to use it mainly in the city then for something smaller like Honda Dominator. Big trials are bit too heavy for the city

and make sure that your legs are long enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Like Ratchet said, a big traillie in the city is not such a good idea. Have a TransAlp myself and it's too long to manoeuvre in the gaps and has a tendency to get warm because you're not moving fast enough.

Also there is the spare parts bit. Super Tenere seems to be as rare as hen's teeth. I found parts for my bike difficult to get and seem to always have to order Honda OEM parts which cost about 2x as much as pattern parts.

HTH
    -ao-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I've sat on one but not driven it - the guy who owned it said he loved it for long journeys but was afraid of it in city traffic and never took it off-road in case it fell on him. Great for pulling tree-stumps out of the ground.

I'm 5'9" and I was barely able to sit on it....

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i was looking for an africa twin but the are also difficult to find

• Advertisement
Advertisement