Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody from Kells, Virginia or Athboy

Options
  • 05-02-2005 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anybody from Kells, Virginia or Athboy out there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Athboy, yeah, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gaz123

Just wondering. I'm from Virginia but works in kells. Didn't think there'd be any replys back on this. Know a few people from Athboy. Was in that p***k of a niteclub buck mulligans a few times. :eek:

gaz123 wrote:
    Just wondering. I'm from Virginia but works in kells. Didn't think there'd be any replys back on this. Know a few people from Athboy. Was in that p***k of a niteclub buck mulligans a few times. :eek:

That place is a ferocious dump altogether. I stopped going there a few years ago. The feckin' prices in there are absolutely mad; guaranteed to leave you penniless the next day. Luckily I've got 2 locals in town that do lock-ins so I can sit in with my mates 'til the wee hours.
    Haven't been to Virginia much at all, 'tis a little out of my way.
    What do you do in Kells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stoopidkid

Athboy.. Bucks is a knackhole..end of.

Seems to be a trend with most Meath clubs though. They appeal to knacks who can't get into dublin niteclubs at the weekends. Christ, and to think I used to go there. The worst part was seeing the same desperate bastards there any time I'd go. That place is a slapper-generator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

EVERYBODY i know(well obviously not everyone)goes to bucks.
    I heard like,if you even slide off someone theres automatically a fight,
    Kip

That statement Poblachtach is quite true. The only niteclubs that I go to are club icon in virginia, the solar in navan or the vibe in kells and to be honest they're all **** :eek: Has anyone being in the vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

I'm from Dublin, work in dublin, but live in Kells. Keep meaning to go to Vibes, any thoughts???

A few words of advice. Don't bother. Absolute ****hole and the d drinks too expensive :mad:

So where are the decent places to go in meath these days?

• Advertisement

You know...id rather a quiet drink in the old darnley or something,not that iam the age but if i was,id rather the pub.Nightclubs dont invite me at all.****!:P

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Club I-con is an absolute kip. The average age in there would probably be 14, and the drinks are unbelievably expensive. I only ever went there because all my mates from Bailieborough CS went there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

What's that new place in Ratoath like .. One or something ??? Anybody been there ?

Evilution. Niteclubs wise I can't answer your question. Pubs wise stay away from Viriginia or Kells. Actually the keltic bar is quite good in kells. Good dj's :) And on the weekends it has a mixed crowd age. I drink in Navan whenever I get a chance. Smyths is a favourite of mine or the tailteann :p

The price of drink in icon is unreal. €5 A pint is bad enough but then having to wait and stand beside **** who are absoultely steaming along with sprouting ****e. Have to sicken ya. Haven't been there in a while. A lot from bailieborough come over to it. Don't know why they bother :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

Sysiphus wrote:
    I'm from Dublin, work in dublin, but live in Kells. Keep meaning to go to Vibes, any thoughts???

The Vibe is what you make of it.
    It's a decent enough place.
    Just be locked when you get there.

Where abouts is Kells? Your from Dublin so i'm guessing Cherry Hill Manor

gaz123 wrote:
    I drink in Navan whenever I get a chance. Smyths is a favourite of mine or the tailteann :p

Ah yeh,what about clems :p

Splendid wrote:
    The Vibe is what you make of it.
    It's a decent enough place.
    Just be locked when you get there.

Where abouts is Kells? Your from Dublin so i'm guessing Cherry Hill Manor

Nope, Blackthorne. From Dub, Work in Dub, Live in Kells, Drive a C reg Car!! All over the Shop!!!!

Kelltic is grand, so is the one near the Kells Stores, with the Pool table, can't think of the name, Westway I think! also Smiths with the dartboard I find enjoyable!

Meant to go to vibes last year, they had a wet t shirt contest for Paddy's day :D, how patriotic , Wonder will they repeat it??!!!

Railway pub?(near kells stores)

Aye, thats it, nice pub.

• Advertisement

Or you could be thinking about the railway bar near Kells Stores. Not two bad. Used to work there.

Sysiphus. I'll be able to tell ya whats going on in the headfort for paddy's week. A few mates of mine work there, so i'll get the bulletin for ya a.s.a.p ;)

Advertisement