Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers

Options
  • 05-02-2005 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

The Killers album Hot Fuss is very good, especially love Somebody Told Me.....only negative on the album is its very very short....only 30 mins long....surely coulda thrown another few songs on it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

you were ripped off :)

its 46 minutes which is now the norm.

kdjac

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Yeah that album is fantastic. One of my favourites at the moment. I bet ill play it into the ground though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

The Killers are just another generic Gen-X fagrock band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Generic Gen - x fagrock band?.....ok.
    (I thought people who posted useless comments like this would be banned?)

The album is decent it has a good few songs on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bdonegan

don't listen to them then. i can't believe i missed them at oxegen, although i didn't really know about them so if i had have seen them it would have been purely by accident...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They are too melodramatic for me and the lyrics are really really terrible. They are ncie and catchy and I like the electro style.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The Killers are just another generic Gen-X fagrock band.

Kids these days :rolleyes:

The Killers are insanely boring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Best thing about this group is the music videos. They have a few great singles as well. I found the album a little inconsistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Best thing about this group is the music videos. They have a few great singles as well. I found the album a little inconsistant.
    Although I can see why people hold the opinion that they are piss-poor middle of the road bog standard poprock I do quite like them.

I think their videos are dreadful though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

piss-poor middle of the road bog standard poprock

Couldn't have come up with a better definition for them myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I do like The Killers debut album but I do have to say it is ever so slightly overrated. I'm not denying that there is some amazing stuff on the record but as I think someone else mentioned it does lack consistency. No doubt that The Killers have alot of potential to make better records but the all important second album will determine how good they really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

30 minutes...are you serious? I like the song somebody told me. But i can't get over the fact that the singer is being quite emotional in a song that doesn't mean anything. "somebody told me that you a boyfriend that looked like my girlfriend that i had in february of last year" I mean that's not something i'd be too bothered about, although i'd try and get my eyes checked that's about it. "it's not confidential, i've got potential"?....the fox jumped over the box, and ran under an ox....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sweet girl 666

yeah i really wanted to buy the album for ages cuz i liked some of their songs but when i bought i wasnt too mad about it!!like i wouldnt really call them metal cuz their more on the pop channels!!!!!
    its kinda ****,well thats wat i think!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

yeah i really wanted to buy the album for ages cuz i liked some of their songs but when i bought i wasnt too mad about it!!like i wouldnt really call them metal cuz their more on the pop channels!!!!!
    its kinda ****,well thats wat i think!!!!!!!! :D

What??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Like the songs Jenny, Mr Brightside, Somebody told me. Hate the way the lyrics are so **** in brightside, its the same song played twice over. One or two other good songs on the album but the rest a bit boring. Be good to see em at a festival.

like i wouldnt really call them metal cuz their more on the pop channels!!!!!

yes that's why they're not metal.

Well looks like they're playing Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

where'd you hear that?

Mcd Newsletter.
    THE KILLERS confirmed today they will join FOO FIGHTERS, THE PRODIGY and IAN BROWN at OXEGEN 2005, Ireland's only annual multi stage music festival weekend which takes place at Punchestown Racecourse, Naas on Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th July 2005 - subject to licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It's on the MCD and Oxegen sites too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

I thought the Killers were good coz I only heard a fey of their songs (Mr Brightside, Somebody told me... etc.) Then I went out and spent the last of my money on the album... now I've got no money and a crap album to listen to... how lucky am I??? lol and I wanted to go out this weekend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Oh wow oxegen is going to be good this year! Killers, razorlight, bloc party, franz ferdinand, libertines,
    would be a perfect lineup
    I heard the killers are quite good live

Repli wrote:
    Oh wow oxegen is going to be good this year! Killers, razorlight, bloc party, franz ferdinand, libertines,would be a perfect lineup
    I heard the killers are quite good live

Motherf**ker!!! Where did you here this from? I know that The Killas and Franz were playing but Razorlight, Bloc Par-tae ...... and the greatest band of all time The Libertines.

Oh the thought of Carlos, John and Gary playing live at Oxygen gets me a tad little bit excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:):D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Think he was just saying what his ideal line up would be. Most of them played last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Libertines suck. Cant sing, play guitar poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Yeah, dont really like their sound. Some stand outs but meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I like some songs off the album, but it didn't knock me off my feet, or even rock me for that matter...
    I'll probably go see them if I'm at Oxygen and there's nobody better on, but I've heard live recordings and the singer hadn't a note in his head. Might've just been that show though.
    Either way, they're ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

my biggest mistake at oxegen last year was watching the darkness (****e enough) instead of the killers. they played the smallest stage. it was actually a tent.

• Advertisement

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Think he was just saying what his ideal line up would be. Most of them played last year.

Whoops! Once I saw the words Libertines and Oxegen in the same sentence I jumped the gun and got overly overly excited.

Some people here saying that The Libertines are ****. Well first of I shouldn't have given the title of best band in the world as there could easily be about 2,000 different opinions to that one but they are personally my fave band ever. However I could understand if people don't get The Libertines sound. I your usually a fan of perfectly produced music, The Libs won't be your cup of tea. They are one of these bands you either get or you don't. When I bought ''Up the Bracket'', I thought it was rubbish after a couple of listens but I eventually understood their sound and what they were all about.

Their sound is imperfect but in a weird way that is what makes them perfect. There is this raw energy and passion to their music that I have never heard from any other band. Yes Pete doesn't have an angelic voice but his voice is unique but Carl's voice just frickin' rocks.

Well it looks increasingly likely that the good ship Albion intends to carry on its voyage in search of Arcadia without one of its focal crew members thus hopefully Albion will dock at Oxygen this July.

Well lets stick to the thread. The Killas for Oxegen ... another great excuse to blow 145 yo yo!

Advertisement