Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This drives me nuts.

Options
  • 05-02-2005 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

When reviewing the topics on a board, i often let my mouse hover over a thread title. It conveniantly displays the first couple of lines of writing inside a thread.. After a few seconds this writing vanishes, if i haven't read all of this writing i have to move my mouse off and let it hover over the thread title again so i can finish.

Why bother making the writing dissappear after a few seconds? It drives me nuts if i'm read what's in a thread and before i finish it dissappears. This may not be a problem for you guys with fast connections who can just click on a thread and have it load in a flash, but for us dial-ups, it's a pain.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I may be entirely wrong, but I think that's to do with your browsers settings and not something specifically coded into vbulletin (which boards runs on).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I think this should be moved to Personal Issues. You can work through it man, be strong

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel embedded in his crotch. The barman looks at him a bit funny but decides it would be rude to say anything. However, after the pirate has had a few drinks and the barman has gotten to know him a bit better he decides it wouldn't be so bad and curiousity gets the better of him anyway, so he says to the pirate "Do you realise that you have a steering wheel in your crotch?" to which the pirate replies "Arrr, it's drivin' me nuts".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Great joke ecksor.

[/sarcasm] ** ++

**im sorry

++please dont ban me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the mouseover thing its a html coding thing - its a browser dependent setting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement