Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV help...

Options
  • 05-02-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Im running out of space in my room so have to get rid of my 28" sony(crt) n get me something new....

Im looking at an LCD r Plasma. Whats the difference, which is better. My budget is around €1000-1500(is that enough) I want something decent as i enjoy my tv n dvds n my Sony tv is old but still has a great pic..... Idealy i'd like €4500 so i could buy the 32" LCD tv in the sony store, i've never seen a pic like it... size, 28"-32"

I figure this is the place to post as i know little about these tvs...I see allot of them in work and the difference in the quality is unreal.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, Power City have a 30" Toshiba for €1900. They also have a Mitsubishi 27" for €1205. A 27" LCD would probably be roughly the same viewing size as a 28" CRT or thereabout.

Check www.powercity.ie though their website is absolutely dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cheers for that... Was told lcd is the way to go but u pay for it. If only i could think of a way of getting one in from the states..

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm not sure if one from the States would be any good. They use NTSC standard whereas PAL standard is in Europe. Perhaps some sets are changeable, I'm not sure.

Advertisement