Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2005 Details Up

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Does anyone know why CTYI needs to know our weight, etc. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

its a direct result of a legal scuffle between ctyi and assorted parens of ctyi-ers. basically we will be the guinae pigs - if we lose more than 20% of our body weight, they fire vladmir & the caterers. Or not.....

Im going for a checkup on friday. They will tell me i should have died by now....

Top 3:
    1)Legal Studies
    2)Philosophy
    3) Theoretical Physics

Session 2 rocks socks....

Corporate Business - last year :(

yeah, daryll rocks. as does corporate business. even the voices in the back of my head.... (stares at liam)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Hell yeah corporate business was the s#it.Honestly my favourite course so far.Who's talkischeap?

• Advertisement

cathal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

cathal!

Ah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

FINALLY got my details &stuff. but this is ridiculous. no way am i going to get a checkup, wasting the doctor's, my parents' and my own time to find out my fricking blood pressure (i could tell the rest myself. BUT I WON'T, because i don't particularly WANT ctyi knowing my weight). and anyway, i don't do doctors. they scare me just a little (no offence to any prospective doctors/children of doctors/actual doctors)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Mine arrived on monday or something. Anyone on boards who did Chinese S1 last year? Give me your opinions. It's in S2 this year and looks interesting.

Speculative Fiction writing seems pretty cool, and I'm thinking of Modern Maffemafics and Theoretical Physics as well.

I think the speculative fiction instructor was my TA last year, Francis, he submitted that idea last year while we were there. If it is him, he's amazingly sound. And if it is him i'll have to pop into him a couple of times :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

question:
    do we really need our origional sat result sheets to send in with the form thingy?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

question:
    do we really need our origional sat result sheets to send in with the form thingy?! :confused:
    we always have, haven't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Photocopies of the original methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Another question, does baby ctyi count as previous ctyi participation when they take into account what courses they let you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I vaguelly recall I may have put mine down when applying last year, but since I can't remember at this point, I'm not doing it again. And also, becuase they ask for what session you did, it may mean they just mean the summer courses...

By the way, I'm just trying to pick out my alternative choices, has anyone done modern mathematics or theoretical physics, got any opinions on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

If MM is just discrete maths by a new name, it's quite good. Thinking about theoretical physics myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

as are me. and philosophy..
    emm, i shant think i or me rents will be arsed to get a physician.
    plus, mine just died so it'll be uber hassle..
    and my mammy's a nurse so all the details are as good as known anyway..

oo
    my mammy just rang up ctyi, and that physician section is only for overseas students apparently, so you can just fill in the sections yourself.
    phew..

woo my dad did exactly the same *highfive*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

so, we just leave that out?

less effort involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I vaguelly recall I may have put mine down when applying last year, but since I can't remember at this point, I'm not doing it again. And also, becuase they ask for what session you did, it may mean they just mean the summer courses...

By the way, I'm just trying to pick out my alternative choices, has anyone done modern mathematics or theoretical physics, got any opinions on them?
    Ask Mike about MM Steph

Caoimhe wrote:
    Ask Mike about MM Steph
    I actually don't have his MSN (knowing him only through reunions may have contributed to this fact), did he like it?

done and done. form filled out, spec fiction 1, philosophy 2, think i might leave the others blank..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

Wahoo! I got my letter today, I'm in for a humanities course so I'm gonna do Psychology or Philosophy or Legal Studies. First time there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

done and done. form filled out, spec fiction 1, philosophy 2, think i might leave the others blank..

Just to be safe, eh? Hehehe...

I put down first philosophy, second spec and third chinese...hopefully whatever I get will be good...

There were no art courses this year, so I had to do a "proper" course. Eek.

Once I get around to organising the passport sized photograph (ugh, hate those things), I'll send mine off. Put down Psychology as first preference, then Speculative Fiction Writing and Theoretical Physics. All Session2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I sent it off last Saturday with Philosophy as my 1st choice and Psychology, Archiology B and 21st Century Science as my 3 2nd choices.

Hmm... why has Theoretical Physics become such an opted for subject (and why the year after I did it)? It's really cool though. And so is David, the instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm going for Spec Fic 1, Physics 2, and Philosophy 3. I should probably fill those forms out...still have 2 photos left from last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

.......have you looked at those photos, i suggest you do this, then look at a mirror, repeat as needed

• Advertisement

philosophy 1
    legal studies 2
    psychology 3

i'm incredibly squeamish, i faint at absolutely anything, can anyone who's done psychology tell me if i'd faint at anything involved? we're talking anything related to blood, the heart, any internal organs, abortion, that sort of thing

Advertisement