Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

keane hamstring injury

• 05-02-2005 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

heard on the radio keane is out of the ireland game with a hammy. how serious is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its only a freidnly , oh you meant the injury ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Which is it or do I need to try hard to work out who would miss a friendly game ?

Did he play through to the end of the game before he decided to pull out of the friendly ? Will he play in the next competitive game his club has ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

why didnt he just say he didnt want to play the friendly.. Im sick of his ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

There's no injury. Fergie said outstraight that he pulled him out of the squad because he needs a rest. This is the second time I've heard someone saying he has pulled out through injury.

I've little doubt that Keane would have flew over for the game. Its Fergie, not Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

roy keane the only player in world football to pull out of a friendly with an iffy injury :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

united is more important than ireland now. it's a nothing game for ireland, unnecessary for keane to play. he's right to stay in manchester as this is a huge month for utd. we need him for mancity, acmilan and fa cup. theres no point risking him for a friendly.

ferdinand is out for england through 'injury' also. nobody messes with fergie and if he wants to keep his best players, he'll keep his best players. it's a nice break for keane and ferdinand at a high pressure point in the season. it'll give them time to focus and get themselves fresh for a few massive games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL hardly a surprise is it !!!!

Also Friendlies are times for Kerr to blood fringe players. Roy should stay in Manchester and read his dictionary :D

Again I'll say it. Roy turned up to Dublin carrying an injury for the game against Poland when everyone from Robbie to O'Brien to Holland pulled out of the squad. I doubt it was his decision to pull out of this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

gandalf wrote:
    LOL hardly a surprise is it !!!!

Also Friendlies are times for Kerr to blood fringe players. Roy should stay in Manchester and read his dictionary :D

LOL

May I be the first to wish Keano a speedy recovery. Fingers crossed that he's fit for Uniteds next game? :cool:

but its keane for united with an iffy injury =flamerism :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I am firstly an Ireland supporter and secondly a Utd. supporter and the way I see it is Ferguson decides which games Keane plays for Utd. and which games he doesn't, i.e. leaves him out of the early stages of the FA & League Cup to rest him.

So as an Ireland supporter I know that he will definitley be playing in a lot of up and coming Utd. games and I don't see the point in risking potential injury in a Friendly match that might have an effect on his potential fitness for the next important Irish qualifying match.

I personally think that the reason why people give out about Keane when he misses Friendlies is purely because they don't like the man and it has nothing to do with the "letting the side down" mantra that they constantly and consistently reel off.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

d22ontour wrote:
    roy keane the only player in world football to pull out of a friendly with an iffy injury :confused:

eh no, what about Giggs??

Of course there's no injury, anyone can see Keane was fine coming off the pitch, after one of his best performances in years. It's just that Ferguson is now deciding who plays for Ireland and England as well as Manchester United :rolleyes:

giggs doesn't do friendlies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

perhaps d22ontours question should have been.
    does anyone in world football who doesn't play for man united pull out with an iffy injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I think we should talk about what happened in Saipan? :D

Any news this morning on the seriouness of Roy's injury? I had an uneasy night worrying that he may not have recovered in time for the Milan game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

From Fox Sports : Link ( I like the way they ended the piece)

MANCESTER, England (AP) - Manchester United captain Roy Keane withdrew with a knee injury from the Ireland squad to play Portugal in a friendly on Wednesday.

Keane scored the opening goal in United's 2-0 Premier League win over Birmingham at Old Trafford on Saturday. United manager Alex Ferguson said he wanted to make sure Keane was fit for competitive matches.

"There are so many games coming up and I do not want to put a strain on him," Ferguson said. "It is not wise for him to play midweek, he needs a break."

Keane was rested for Ireland's 1-0 win over Croatia in a November friendly.

He walked out on Ireland before the 2002 World Cup after an argument with coach Mick McCarthy, but returned last year under new coach Brian Kerr.

The treacherous bastard that he is !

sharkman wrote:
    From Fox Sports : Link ( I like the way they ended the piece)

MANCESTER, England (AP) - Manchester United captain Roy Keane withdrew with a knee injury from the Ireland squad to play Portugal in a friendly on Wednesday.

Keane scored the opening goal in United's 2-0 Premier League win over Birmingham at Old Trafford on Saturday. United manager Alex Ferguson said he wanted to make sure Keane was fit for competitive matches.

"There are so many games coming up and I do not want to put a strain on him," Ferguson said. "It is not wise for him to play midweek, he needs a break."

Keane was rested for Ireland's 1-0 win over Croatia in a November friendly.

He walked out on Ireland before the 2002 World Cup after an argument with coach Mick McCarthy, but returned last year under new coach Brian Kerr.

The trecherous bastard thet he is !

Fox should brush up on their spelling there's an a in treacherous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Muppet wrote:
    Fox should brush up on their spelling there's an a in treacherous.

I think we can let that one go for obvious reasons .... but I'm still checking my atlas to find out where 'Mancester' is.

Pigman II wrote:
    I think we can let that one go for obvious reasons .... but I'm still checking my atlas to find out where 'Mancester' is.

Lol I missed that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Muppet wrote:
    Any news this morning on the seriouness of Roy's injury? I had an uneasy night worrying that he may not have recovered in time for the Milan game.

Sarcasm detector going mad here...

Lads, don't mind what the websites and papers are saying. Ferguson never once mentioned an injury and site like the BBC are saying he has a knee injury. Are they trying to make excuses so Fergie doesn't have to?

Advertisement