Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multiplayer prob...

Options
  • 05-02-2005 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hello,

when i open quake III arena i see all the servers listed and can play multiplayer on any of the servers, but if i come out of a game and try to join another all the servers are gone.. and even if i restart the game they are still missing.. i have to restart the PC before they show up again...
    any idea whats causing this?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

> any idea whats causing this?

yes. q3's in-game browser sucks! use ASE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

CH wrote:
    > any idea whats causing this?

yes. q3's in-game browser sucks! use ASE

thanks mate thats deadly.. loads of servers :)

but it keeps saying "INVALID_CDKEY" when i try enter games...
    do i need to enter my cd key into ase somewhere for it to paste it into quake?

thanks again
    macker

sorry it also says "server uses protocol 68" aswell, whats that about?

sorry im a complete noob to online gaming :)
    thanks for the help so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Firstly, make sure you have any patches that are available. You may also need a mod like OSP to play any of the decent online modes.

And finally, do you own a Quake 3 key :D

yea i have a cd key, and its entered in no problem, but its only while using the ASE that it appears empty and asks for the cd key again...

any idea where i can downloads mods, patched etc.. without having to be a mamber of any quake sites.. or sign up to these flash quick download things...?

cheers

Macker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Google for the mod you want to download, most sites don't require membership. Or have a look at www.jolt.co.uk / www.blueyonder.com / www.clanbase.com file sections to try and find what you're looking for.

Ya protocol 68 means you need to install the latest point release. Invalid CD key probably means you must delete your Q3KEY file in /baseq3 and /osp directories and re-enter your CD key when prompted.

ok thanks a mil lads will try this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

Macker--read this thread.

As for the CD yoke... do what killy said:
    "Invalid CD key probably means you must delete your Q3KEY file in /baseq3 and /osp directories and re-enter your CD key when prompted."

Advertisement