Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loooong trousers

• 05-02-2005 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hey,
    any ideas on where to buy long jeans, combats and trousers in general?? I take a 34" ish leg. Im constantly looking in the usual places like river island, miss selfridge etc but there 34" legs are defo not 34" because they are always too short. It sucks. I find it so so hard to find trousers that are long enough and its really starting to p.iss me off. Its even worse if im looking for ones to go with boots or high shoes, its impossible to find any long enough :o(
    Any ideas guys? Ive tried long tall sally in clerys but to be honest i think alot of there stuff is really old fashioned.
    Its so hard to find them because they havta be a bit too long also, especially combats, they gotta be touching the ground to look right me thinks :)
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated! :) Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Dorothy Perkins Tall range.

I'm 5 ft 11, around the same leg measurement as yourself, and they are plenty long. Sometimes, too long and I have to get them taken up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

embee wrote:
    Dorothy Perkins Tall range.

I'm 5 ft 11, around the same leg measurement as yourself, and they are plenty long. Sometimes, too long and I have to get them taken up.

Really? Ive tried them loads and always find that their "long" sizes differ so much between styles. I hardly ever find them long enough. I think im gonna havta go measure my legs again because maybe they are longer than 34".
    Just a q, where do i measure, down the inside?
    Im gonna try dorothy perkins again tho cos of ur advise. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Dunno if it'd be long enough for you, but Retro in the George's Street Arcade do long trousers. I had to get like... 3 inches taken off a pair of trousers I got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

This is gonna be a stoopid question but where abouts is georges st arcade. Im ashamed to say ive never been there. I know (or think) its near powerscourt. Am i right? Gonna find it and try that Retro shop. Im going mad trying to find some long casual trousers! Im desperate at this stage. Sick of having to wear the same ones all the time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah, it's near the powerscourt shopping place. If you're coming from the Grafton Street side, you go through the powerscourt shopping place, then straight ahead pretty much through a lane type place, and then the arcade should be just across the road infront of you. If my memory serves me right. Retro is a place down the side. They're pretty expensive though, I must warn you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Pull and bear jeans/pants are always really long

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Have you tired M&S? I got a great pair of kick flare jeans the other day in their per una range, they're really long I have to wear them with heels or I walk on them.

Off topic but you can get a 10% student discount on the due range in M&S I got a great bright green tweed short skirt with a turquoise hem...sounds odd looks cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Blinky1 wrote:
    Really? Ive tried them loads and always find that their "long" sizes differ so much between styles. I hardly ever find them long enough. I think im gonna havta go measure my legs again because maybe they are longer than 34".
    Just a q, where do i measure, down the inside?
    Im gonna try dorothy perkins again tho cos of ur advise. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong :)

Aye, they're good. When I say to get their "long" trousers, I mean their trousers exclusively from the "Tall" range, not just their regular "long length". Make sure it says "tall" on the label.

And yes, its an inside leg measurement that you should be taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Topshop have a good range, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge etc most places do a long range now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Egar Beaver in Temple bar do 36 leg. Big ups Top shops tall range aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement