Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for music

Options
  • 05-02-2005 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if paid-for P2P software is allowed to be discussed here, but my sister got K-LitePro for $20 (dunno if as is, or for a year), and it seems to work well. I searched for Children Of Bodom's cover of The Trooper and got it almost straight away. I was wary of it, but it didn't seem to come with any spyware. Anyone know about any other subscription or otherwise P2P software?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Thats not paying for music. That's paying for software to download illegal music.

Unacceptable on this forum (apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ah right. My lips are sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

What I don't undersatand is why anyone would be daft enough to PAY for a p2p client when there are free versions available just to download songs illegally to avoid paying for them. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Well, my sister earns loads so she can afford it. Therefore, i use.

And i am not promoting the use of P2P software. It's a very mean thing to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Well, my sister earns loads so she can afford it. Therefore, i use.

Tell her she's paying money she doesnt have to pay. Whether she can afford it or not makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I searched for Children Of Bodom's cover of The Trooper and got it almost straight away.

Sure, you'll get it right away. But at 96kbps WMA or something equally horrendous.

If she's willing to pay, tell her to go to one of the real online stores where a song costs 20c or something. At least that way it's not going to Sharman and you'll get it at half-way listenable quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

PiE wrote:
    96kbps WMA

shouldn't be using foul language like that on respectable boards like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i must check all d/l before starting

i downloaded a song which was 56kpbs and wrongly titled

downloading music has become a chore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I have a uestion. did your friend pay for this software to download illegal music, with her credit card?

not the wisest thing to do imho.

• Advertisement

I have a uestion. did your friend pay for this software to download illegal music, with her credit card?

not the wisest thing to do imho.

Apparently she's RICH so she doesn't need to care about such trivial things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Dunno if paid-for P2P software is allowed to be discussed here, but my sister got K-LitePro for $20 (dunno if as is, or for a year), and it seems to work well. I searched for Children Of Bodom's cover of The Trooper and got it almost straight away. I was wary of it, but it didn't seem to come with any spyware. Anyone know about any other subscription or otherwise P2P software?

:eek: Your sister paid for a p2p
    No offence but 'she hasnt got a clue'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*cough*
    WinMX
    *cough*
    Completely FREE
    *cough*

God these winter colds are a b*tch, eh? ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

p2p sucks anyway, torrents are great for muzak.
    But to pay for a p2p program that's free to download anyway is just stupid. Kazaa has got to be the worst p2p client out there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

bearshare all the way! Winmx is gone to the dogs and torrents are slow and harder to find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Kazaalite and Limewire would be my favourite p2p programs if I was so inclined to download any illegal music! ;)

On the paying from, www.allofmp3.com and www.mp3search.ru are by far the best sites. The prices went up recently but the most you're likely to pay for one song is about 8c! :D

Apparently the main K-lite sites are charging for Kazaa Lite now.

A very quick google search came up with a rather large nomber of locations that host one of the earlier freeware versions.

http://download.freeweb-hosting.com/download.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/07/0646237

Basically says that Kazaa's been keeping a log of every download for the past few years and could be forced to hand those logs over to authoritaaaays in Australia.

Hah.

Advertisement