Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OK so who is going to win Euro 2000

• 08-06-2000 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Eventhough I hate to say it I think the Englanders stand a very good chance this year.

I'll also be watching those Turkish lads as well as I reakon they will spring a few surprises.

Cmon lads lets get this Board going smile.gif

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by gandalf:
    Eventhough I hate to say it I think the Englanders stand a very good chance this year.

Do they fu<k. Holland or Spain.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 08-06-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Yea i think England are looking good too but my money is on France or Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Sweeden or Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Fiji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Ah lads France are gonna win it hands down. Expierence wise they are solid. The won the world cup with a striker now they have 4 and they gonna kick everyone around..There is less pressure on England they will get to semi's and it'll be a France Holland final.

France to win..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

I got England in my local pub compo so im happy biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmmmm, havent really seen the form on many of the teams for the last year.
    i notice no-one mentioned italy or germany?
    but i do think england have a good shot at it and do spain. with 3 teams in the semis in the champions league, spanish football would look to be on a roll, however, it'll be different with mcmanaman on the opposite side this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i'll go with holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

France or England, Spain will look good until they self destruct smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

After seeing Italy, Holland and France in action today.
    I'll have to go for France.

They won the world cup with practically the same team, without dedicated strikers,
    Now they have 2, both hitting form.

My $0.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Borric

Italy gonna surprise ye

although Portugal were a class act tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

muwahahahahahahahhahaaha, terrible shame about England tonight smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

any of you lads do the fantasy football for euro 2000?

if so who u got?

my team : VanderSar,Maldini,Blanc,Stam,Salgado,Beckham,Figo,Scholes,Nedved,Raul and Anelka.

hehe doing well too. i think...

john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

I'll have to go with Holland.

But I think Spain will cause a few upsets. All the pundits have ignored them just as they did with France at World Cup '98.

England have just lost to Portugal 3-2. They don't stand a chance. Either do Germany or Italy.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Slovenia or Yugoslavia to get to the semi's, maybe they can produce a shock like Denmark did a few years ago and win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Je pick le France. Par qou? Cos Germanys cr@p, Italy will c0ck up. Holland still have no team spirit. And England? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We had a draw in work and I ended up with Sweden. PAH! As if!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 16-06-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Bloody shame the Irish didn't get through really. They wouldn't win it, but they deserve to be playing there more than some.

It's turning into an interesting competition- I, for one, will definitely be watching tomorrows match between England and Germany with interest (and I normally wouldn't be bothered watching football at all apart from the Irish matches, most of which I *go* to).

As to who will win it overall, I can't commit myself. Holland, Germany, Italy - the usual "forces to be reckoned with" haven't been as impressive as expected. Portugal are looking strong and dispatched the English nicely (but hey - that's *always* nice to see wink.gif ). England are 'ok' but won't do it in my estimation.

My money, if I had any to put on it, would be on France, Spain, or possibly Portugal. If pressed, I'd go for France, but who knows, this time, eh? - I don't see a clear-cut definite top dog, this time, - that's part of what makes this competition that bit more interesting.

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i still think england will get through to the semi's, it was a massive tactical fukup v portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Borric

England for the quarter finals where they wil be beaten by italy

they have talent in the squad but i don't think Keegan knows what he's doing.

still italy for the winners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Italy will win it .... 1 cus i say so and 2 the "e" ky on my keyboard isn't working right !!! don't ask how i got around it it's tohard to explain !!!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

FRANCE.

Simply cuz they are better than the others.

England - painful final round defeat smile.gif

Holland - Lucky Semi team

Upsets by - 1) Portugal 2) Belgium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm got one of my predictions right the Turks have made it thru to the second round.

I'm sure UEFA are delighted smile.gif

Gandalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

France will go through to semi's and then beat Italy. Holland will go through to face Portugal and beat in peno's. Sadly the frogies will out class the Dutch and then Lebouf will never shut up about how great they are

Advertisement