Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renting/buying in US (Rhode Island)

Options
  • 05-02-2005 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

im off for 6 month work placement, do you think i should buy a cheap one when i arrive and sell it on the other end, or rent

i will be sharing it with another person so we pay half each.

renting seems to be about 700$ a month, this seem ok? for 6 months thats $4200, where i could pick up a used car for less than that and get something back on it when i sell..

not sure what to do really!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

AFAIK if you own a car for 6 months in a foreign country you can bring it back as your property without vrt and duty etc.Check the import thread. Might be worth your while buying to order and reselling when you get back (think you'll have to wait 6 months to do transfer of ownership though).Theres a guy lookin for a 69 Big Block Mustang on the classics board....
    Considering what most people pay in vrt to ship in might be an earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

bringing back a car would be far too much effort thanks for the advice though :p

Advertisement