Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Irish release delayed?

• 06-02-2005 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I was in town on Saturday, and just wandered into Game and SMyths to ask about european WoW. BOTH shops have the game listed for release at the end of march.

So either their dates are wrong OR there aren't enough copy of the game to go aroudn and irish gamers are getting the shaft.

Either way I advise anyone planning on playing in europe to investigate this and make sure u are able to get a copy here in time, or you might have to try and buy one online from the UK or something :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Didn't Blizzard release a statement saying that they're not shipping to quite a few game stores because of all the sales etc? I believe online stores are the primary sellers atm, Mine is pr-ordered from amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

The date is certainly the same, but they might not be shipping enough here : (, that is the suux :mad:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=185225

Guess i'll ring some stores tomorrow, and if they dont have any idea ill order form play, but they usually take 1week+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Well they've stopped selling WoW in the US since before christmas as the servers are currently buckling under the heavy load.

I play on Arthas. A bunch of us raided Hammerfall and Tarren Mill a few nights back. Even with only 20 on each side the lag was horrendous. The game has some seriously crap network code (go to Ironforge during peak hours and try to use the Auction House or do anything at all for that matter).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

I've tried a bunch of servers during the euro open beta and the ones with most players usually are the worst for games playing. When you do get the game, plan with your friends to pick a low population server so you don't end up crying when the realm closes due to 'technical difficulties'. Oh yeah, call work and quit your job in advance so you don't live the embarrassment of being fired in front of your colleagues for playing video games.

Does it give you a count or guide as to which ones are low pop?

Any more solid news on wherther or not solid copies will be available, I dont want to wait a week :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

When your choosing the "realm"/server it gives a little indicater with server population. Ranging from Low to Medium to High (at least thats all I've seen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

you could join the server and do a census through the Cosmos addon. its useful to let you know which race and trait to go for. if there's a lack of rogues or priests, you know you gonna be loved. for those wanting to buy it in ireland, dont bother with the games stores, order onlines from the likes of amazon.co.uk or play.com. or the crowd that eurogamer.net like. simplygames or something. good luck addicts.

-adnans & co

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I rang Game and they said it's listed for this friday, and that they should be getting in both the standard and collector's edition (or so he said!). He did say ring back on Thursday to be sure, in case it's pushed back or delayed, but I don't want to have to order from Play as stuff tends to get stuck in the mail (around here anyways, bloody An Post).

My COH gametime card runs out this wednesday and I'm pretty bored with that so WOW is looking purdy good right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Even with only 20 on each side the lag was horrendous.
    I dont think its the netcode as such but rather the overloaded servers. There was a 3 raid group (ie 60 ppl + horde) attack on tarren mill last saturday night on Eredar and while there was lag the server didnt keel over and die. Just need to get a server that isnt too hevily populated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Game have confirmed that its it will be in stores this friday!

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    My COH gametime card runs out this wednesday and I'm pretty bored with that so WOW is looking purdy good right now.

But But But Issue 4!! :drool:

Anyway, where do you get your game cards? Thats good to hear Game will have it, now I can play it for the free trial to have my take on it.

You can get them on Ebay handy enough, I got them while I was over in the States.

But but but NOTHING! ;)
    I had fun playing COH and all, but the time has come to move on.

Aw :(

Well em, which Game was this? Cause I rang them (liffey valley) and the guy said :

"Ye, its out sometime in february, there is not set date, but definitly february"

So which Game said that they were a definite?

The one I rang was in Blanchardstown SC. They said it should be this friday, but ring back on thursday to confirm in case it's delayed or whatever, so not a "definite" but as close as Game get.

Ye, I guess ill just ring them on Thursday. Although dont want to go to blanch to get my copy :D

Sounds like i'll have to order it tho. Feckin blizzard

If Game in Blanch are selling it they all should be, they get their stock from the same place I'd imagine. Ring one of the Game stores in town and see what they say, maybe you got hold of someone that didn't know what he was talking about, or may I did (!).

Let's hope the guy I spoke to was right :)

koneko wrote:
    maybe you got hold of someone that didn't know what he was talking about

If you ring game, thats generally a given :-D:p

Ye, only thing to do at this stage is wait :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

I was in Game (Dawson St.) on Sunday to preorder, they said the distributors hadn't told them anything yet. Of course they could have been told today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

I was in Game on Grafton street today and they confirmed that they will have copies on Friday.

Is there any interest in an Irish server or a boards guild?

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well goodluck to you fellas cause htere will be feck all copies. Demand >>>supply. Or so the word goes. Blizzard decided to deliver a small portion of copies to certain countries, ireland being one of them. I'm getting mine of amazon, cheaper then instores and will be here on the 11th guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

will be here on the 11th guaranteed.

I hope you're right. My past experience with Amazon resulted in me missing the opening day of a previous MMORPG. I've waited this long, a litle bit more won't bother me, not to mention the newbie areas should be a bit quieter.

We should try and get boards members on the same servers (as mentioned previously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

even though i've got a level 60 on US servers I've decided to reroll to europe.

I'll be buying the game on friday and have my copy reserved at GAME on grafton street already :D

Going to play an Undead Mage this time as I want to be a damage dealer + will of forsaken is teh over power.

As for server, I'm going to go for the "PvP server". A lot of the top guilds that will be competing have decided to go for the same server to offer a fun and competitive environment. Its the kind of environment i'd thrive upon and after having played on the small server I really don't like the PETTY politics that are destroying it. So i'm going to go for the big server this time.

The details of the server themselves will be posted on the Guild of Sun's website on Friday as they are organising the whole thing. Its called guildofsun.com i think just do a search on google if u got trouble finding it.

I'll be posting the details of it myself once I get my copy and have a chance to get on. Prolly won't be till 2-3pm on Friday at the earliest however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I don't think you need to buy a new copy I think you'll be able to swap over with your existing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

where does that say that?

I think you will be EVENTUALLY able to swap over. But not for a while anyway, atleast not till the game is out for a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kipple wrote:
    Is there any interest in an Irish server or a boards guild?

an irish server? 0_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Memnoch wrote:
    where does that say that?

I think you will be EVENTUALLY able to swap over. But not for a while anyway, atleast not till the game is out for a couple of months.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2281618&postcount=18

You're right it might be awhile before we could move over.

I think he means a server where all us irish deciede to go, and meet up etc.

Memnoch, sounds like I might follow you there, I like the servers that play well etc.. although, because im not taking WoW too serious that might actually work against me. Can I create a toon on one server and another toon on a different server?

Hopefully I enjoy WoW and keep my sub up, but COH is my main MMO priority, but I need my UBER LOOT FIX!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yes you can create characters on different servers. I think the only restriction is that you can't play characters on opposing sides on the same server (for obvious reasons).

K, ill prolly put a toon on one of the low pop ones, and one of the high pop ones, and then deciede in the first week or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Yes you can create characters on different servers. I think the only restriction is that you can't play characters on opposing sides on the same server (for obvious reasons).

You can have characters on opposing sides on the same server as long as its not a PvP server. You can't do it on PvP servers for obvious reasons. (source is the wow official forums)

Advertisement