Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Irish release delayed?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Oh yeah sorry, I just play PvP servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

I have been told that Game on Grafton street is getting in 50 copies most of which are going to those who have pre-ordered.

If you want to be sure of a copy on Friday it might make sense to pre-order.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

So is a paticular server where Irish players are going to play on WOW? I seen talk here but nothing definite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So is a paticular server where Irish players are going to play on WOW? I seen talk here but nothing definite

how can people decide with out knowing the server names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I booked it in the grafton street branch over the phone yesterday, and the lady said if you had pre-booked you would get a copy... this is Game tho, so until I have something installed on my PC and I can play, I am always doubtful :D

• Advertisement

how can people decide with out knowing the server names?

You could decide that the first PvP and PvE servers beginning with the letter 'I' will be the Irish servers. If there is no server starting with the letter 'I' goto 'J'.

However I think it might be better to wait for the server list on Friday.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

For say a boards guild there'd be a coupla things to decide:

1) PvP or PvE
    2) Low, medium or high pop
    3) Horde or Alliance
    4) Actual server

Probly some other stuff I've forgotten too. I'd stick up polls and gauge interest etc. but I dunno if or when I'll be able to switch from my US server so it would be a bit pointless.

If you're interested those amongst you intent on getting the game and who wanna be in a boards guild could try and see if you feel like clubbing together. Maybe Memnoch who knows the game backwards at this stage probly. Reckon it would be great fun when if it came together.

Oh if anyone cares: I wanna roll a horde this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Having a friend put a copy away for me so hopefully ill have it bright and early friday morning (Day off college too :D)

Guess well have to talk about a server friday but its a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well I'm playing an undead mage, PvP is a must, Horde I guess is a must. Medium or High Population. After that I'm easy :p

Oh if anyone cares:

PvP and Horde is my preference.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Got a mail from play.com today (Wednesday) telling me my order was dispatched, be lucky to get it by Friday, oh well, if I have to wait the weekend, at least Ill avoid any possible server load issues on Friday.

Rang Game on Grafton street.

They said they have copies for tomorrow, my pre-order is one, and it costs €45

Well, there ya have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got it for €40. If you havnt pre-orderedyour copy dont expect to be playing before the end of February. After per orders the gmae will be held abck to see wha the serevrs are like. But i dont care cause my one will be at my doorstep tomorow.

It used to be 5 days or less when I ordered from play, but now if I order friday I get it the following tuesday-thursday so about 10days later :(

{EDIT} nm , your the amazon guy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm actually the play.com guy. I saved like 10 euro by buying with them, got Free P+P. My mate jsut got his copy today, he bought it of game online ages ago, got his copy, so they are definatly out and about. He says the manual is like a novel, hundreds of pages, he can set up his **** i nwait for tomorow. I think play also doing extra effort to have game sout by Friday, or so i was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah Play post has got a lot worse lately. Still free though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

i wonder if they have edited the manaul as a lot of stuff in there is outdated or just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

Game in Henry St. had it after days of being utterly clueless that it was actually being released today (they were expecting March :confused: )

Now - if they'd just bring these damn account signup servers online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

" you havnt pre-orderedyour copy dont expect to be playing before the end of February. After per orders the gmae will be held abck to see wha the serevrs are like. But i dont care cause my one will be at my doorstep tomorow."

Weird I just walked into game on grafton street this morning and picked up a copy no problem :D

Advertisement