Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertigo cover?

Options
  • 06-02-2005 4:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else heard this yesterday, on Today FM a song was played, I'm almost certain the words were identical to U2's Vertigo but the tune was very different. It definitely had 'Un, dos, tres, catorce' at the start and the 'hello hello' bit during it, I wasn't listening too hard to the words.

I figured it was one of the Today FM in-studio covers that they get bands to do occassionally, I know I've heard very strange versions of songs on that station from time to time. But after the song the DJ (I think it was Ray Darcy) introduced it as Elvis Presley before moving on. And it did sound a lot like Elvis... But Vertigo is an original U2 song to my knowledge so I don't know, googling didn't come up with anything either. Just wondering if anyone knows who/what it was? Just been annoying me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ray D'Arcy is making a charity album for the Tsunami victims.

Think it's called Even Better Than the Real Thing, but unlike the previous 2 albums it's all U2 covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Amz wrote:
    Ray D'Arcy is making a charity album for the Tsunami victims.

Think it's called Even Better Than the Real Thing, but unlike the previous 2 albums it's all U2 covers.
    "Even better Than That Tsunami Thing"?

(sorry, bad taste)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

It was the main Elvis impersonator, Kevin 'Elvis' Doyle. Good version, will be on the album.

sceptre wrote:
    "Even better Than That Tsunami Thing"?

(sorry, bad taste)
    / Waves*

*Worse taste...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The only thing funny is that people are still making p!ss poor jokes about the deaths of 150,000 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The only thing funny is that people are still making p!ss poor jokes about the deaths of 150,000 people.
    I wasn't making a joke, in my lack of sleep state I actually thought it'd be a nice catchy title to tie in with the last two compilations, bad taste nonetheless.

Advertisement