Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Tizzard. IS he Crap?

• 06-02-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Over the past 2 years I have noticed that Joe TIzzard has lost a lot of races that he should be winning. I now never back a Tizzard ridden horse.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭evillive

not one of the jockeys i follow, i wouldnt be put off by his name beside a horse though

he was clocking up winners alright a few years back but paul nicholls was supplying the winners if i remember rightly, then ruby got that gig so it probably has something to do with the lack of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

no better than an average jockey who while i would'nt say he's crap he would'nt inspire with much confidence either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Crap jockey that was promoted ahead of Timmy Murphy at Nicholls due to connections and not talent. One of the least deserving riders of top class horses at the moment. I would be put off by having his name beside the horse.

crap or not

he has a book of good rides at huntingdon tomorrow

2.00 smart boy prince
    2.35 von origny
    3.05 chef tartare
    4.15 brown teddy

6 doubles and an acca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭tiedcottage

Crap is a bit harsh, but only just. Let's just say distinctly underwhelming.

• Advertisement

evillive wrote:
    crap or not

he has a book of good rides at huntingdon tomorrow

2.00 smart boy prince
    2.35 von origny
    3.05 chef tartare
    4.15 brown teddy

6 doubles and an acca

can we close this thread with a HELL YEAH
    not that it was too financially destroying :( but he couldnt get any sort of results out of these

joe will probably have a great cheltenham

im not having a go at you here evillive, but what separates the great jockeys from the average is that they are occasionally able to win races on what are not the best horses.

I would guess that at least 90% of races won by horses which could be ridden by anyone of the top thirty jockeys. The amount of winners where indivudual jockeys talents are critical is minimal. Joe Tizzard has got his position through his relations, and while he can still bang in winners, it is rarely races that coudnt be won by most professional jockeys.

i just felt that looking at the cards for today, the chap had a huge chance of picking up at least a treble if not more on what looked to me some of the best rides of the huntingdon card

i remembered the thread from a while back and resurrected in in line with todays racing

no doubt he'll have a 2600/1 4 or 5 timer next saturday :D

Thought he was very poor saturday
    Both Albuhera & Le Passing got very bad rides from him.He was asleep on Albuhera when McCoy went for it and then tried to make up for it on Le Passing but went way too soon.

Agree re Albuhera. Dont know if he would have beaten the winner, but he was asleep on him. There was little enough he could have done on le passing. he was left clear as much as anything. It would have been equally wrong to take a pull after the melee. L Heard is the best riding for nicholls at the moment. C Williams and Heard are ahead of Tizzard.

• Advertisement

Morgans wrote:
    . There was little enough he could have done on le passing. he was left clear as much as anything. It would have been equally wrong to take a pull after the melee.

I just felt he went for everything in the aftermath of the fall/brought down incident as opposed to saving a bit for that uphill finish.I wasn't thinking about a pull,just a little look at what was going on any maybe sitting still for about another furlong or even less before committing the horse to give its all(btw,I didn't have it backed):)

Advertisement