Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some tuning issues

Options
  • 06-02-2005 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I got a new sony 32inch crt a week or so back... Working great but 1 tiny issue...

I have sky tuned in no bother.
    I have aerial tuned in no probs... BUT 2 of the channels, ch4 and e4 ... have some squiqly lines running down 2 sections of the screen.

Unfortunatey the tv auto-tunes so I can't perfekt it...

Any ideas why this would happen with just these 2 channels (ntl) when it wasn't like this on the old tv nor on the tv in another room?

All the other channels are perfect as is sky...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You are on ntl in Dublin presumably. Those two channels and Discovery are on a different band to the rest of the cable channels and suffer from interference more than the rest.
    Some tvs have better tuners than others so it is possible you will have to live with it.

Try connecting the tv directly to the cable outlet without any splitters and see if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Yea tried that... terrible

It's certainly very watchable but jsut a nuisance for big screen...

Do boosters exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Boosters do exsist but they only solve weak signal problems.

You said you "tuned" sky in suggesting you are using a aerial cable from the digibox. Is your NTL running through the digibox? This could cause signal quality loss and scart willl give you a much better picture from the digibox.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you tried plugging the NTL cable directly into the TV, and not through the digibox?

I have, that's what I tried originally.

Direct connect,

recently I've had it through the dvd recorder, no difference at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Are you saying you have a seperate Sky Digibox as well as an NTL decoder ? How are they connected to the TV set ? How is the "tv in another room" connected to the NTL signal? Via a splitter ??

It's possible that you are getting channel interference due to the Sky Digibox' RF output being close to or at a harmonic of the E4 signal from NTL.

As far as I'm aware (maybe someone can confirm/deny this) NTL push the channels you mention at the lower end of the UHF band. The Sky box RF Modulator is also tx in that band. Perhaps using the SKY menus to alter the RF output channel on the digibox might help.

Again can you say how the other TV is connected to the system. Is it by any chance through a distribution Amp/splitter ?

ZEN

I just have regular cable ntl, not digital, and then the sky digibox. The ntl cable goes into 2 rooms.

The ntl cable goes striaght into the tv. The digibox into a scart on the tv.

Advertisement