Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Hints - Post/request them in this thread!

• 06-02-2005 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

anyone who's done physics or business mocks wana help me out wit a few hints, like wot experiments coming up in physics nd a few definitions, and 2,3 topics to stude in business, got the tests next week and did not have time to study coz i broke ma arm, (pitty it was not my writing hand)

Anyone please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 James89

an physics at all?? done business 2day short questions wer hard but paper not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I could do with some physics hints too, I've got the exam tomo and i'm so dead! Anyone out there done the exam? plz help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

errrrrrr, you do know that different schools often get different mock papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

i've my phyiscs tomorrow... and yes i do know that different schools get different papers but our teacher told us some stuff that's coming up so if others post what they got i might have an idea of what to study...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 James89

wots coming up?

• Advertisement

Sorry I can't help ya. My damn teacher set the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

left my physics mock in school, will post it up tomorrow if i think of it

what came up in your english/irish (higher) or maths (ordinary) papers? Paper 1 in enlgish for us had a comprehensions about horror movies,animals courting and the adolescent brain. If you had this in your chances are our physics are the same aswell... pm me and I'll tell you what came up.

do you still have the paper? look at the title of the comprehensions....

i think we actually had the same papers there was bits about reality tv and images about life in my paper. do you remember any of the images?

• Advertisement

no, not the same as me. sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeats and kavanagh came up in english higher level

this is slightly cheating!!

That sucks, the only poets I studied were Yeats and Kavanagh and neither of them came up on my paper, so I just didn't do the question.

woah i mean yeats and wordsworth came up in the dublin exam commission mock papers.

faoilean and mac eile came up in my ordinary level irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    yeats and kavanagh came up in english higher level

this is slightly cheating!!

neither came up on mine

wordworth, dickenson, ballard (i think, don't do a poet by that name), heaney.
    faoilean and mac eile came up in my ordinary level irish.

in my ord irish it was chlaoin me mo cheann and brid og ni mhaille, treall.

i wish for mac eile to come up on leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"ballard (i think, don't do a poet by that name)"

Boland, per chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

I think thats the English pre that our school is getting. Was there a question on writing a holiday brochure?Thank god Dickinson is coming up!What were the essay titles?and the Hamlet question?

NoelRock wrote:
    "ballard (i think, don't do a poet by that name)"

Boland, per chance?

hehe that's the one, you can tell i ain't doing that poet

• Advertisement

I think thats the English pre that our school is getting. Was there a question on writing a holiday brochure?Thank god Dickinson is coming up!What were the essay titles?and the Hamlet question?

the holiday bouchure was not on it.

this is what i got

paper 1

comprehending

text1:dying for water (extract from speech of local enviromentalists)
    text2:reality bites (extract from an article about reality tv)
    text3:images of todays world (7 different pictures)

section b was as followed

text1: you've been asked to give a short talk to your class on an enviromental issue which you feel strongly about.

text2: write a letter to richard oakley (author of reality bites article) on which you outline your response to the views expressed in this article.

text 3: imagine you're one of the people in text3. Write a series of diary entries that you might record for one important week in your life.

composing:

1. "50% of the water we use is flushed down the toilet." (text 1)

write an article (serious or humourous) in which you focus on how nothing today is scared and everything is disposable.

"A precious gift which is under threat." (text 1)

You have been asked to give a talk to your classmates on an issue important to young people.Write out the talk you would give.

3. "An earthquake registering 5.6 on the richter scale" (text 1)

write a short story suggested by these words.

4. "Been wrapped over the knuckles..." (text 2)

Using this as your title, write a personal essay.

5. "When people fight and are nasty to each other." (text 2)

Write an article for publication in a serious newspaper on the cruelty and injustice in todays world.

6. "We all have a natural curiosity..." (text 2)

Write a personal response to the above statement.

7. Write a short story suggested by one or more of the images in text 3.

that's all i have for now, i'll post up my paper II later.

in geography fishing came up for me and so did migration
    dublin exam commission papers hope this helps.
    Im finished school in ireland for 2 months now, goign to high school in arizona until april 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Cremo..........

got the same paper as you...!

my teacher has our english papers corrected, but i dont want to go and get them...im scared....lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Irish paper 1 HL for me was - Terrorism essay/ trials and troubles of teenagers (all I can remember from essays...), the comprehensions were on JFK and how europe is becoming america.
    Irish paper 2 - PROSE: (A) Clann Lir (the children suffered a lot during the 900 years) or Lasair Coille (B) Fiosracht Mná (one was that the woman brought her problems on herself). AN TRIAIL: most of the characters are cold hearted and mean. POETRY: (A) Treall or Bríd óg ní Mháille (B) Chlaon mé mo cheann (something about atmosphere in the poem) HL POETRY: (A) Ur Chnoc Chein Mhic Cainte (B) Mi an Mheithimh. STAIR: Cuirteanna filiochta, Ruraiocht, bardscoileanna, gaeilge sa la ata inniu ann...
    thats all i can remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

Hey can any1 help me...i'm really stressin out bout BUSINESS...does any1hv it done and would like to help me...please...also ENGLISH higher level paper2...especially wat came up in hamlet????Please help...i can help any1 wit French HL...Irish OL paper2 and Maths OL paper1 so far

My Hamlet question was about Claudius - that he's not completely evil. The other question was with reference to a production of Hamlet you've seen, but I don't remember the exact question because I did the other one.

Caoimhe wrote:
    My Hamlet question was about Claudius - that he's not completely evil. The other question was with reference to a production of Hamlet you've seen, but I don't remember the exact question because I did the other one.

same came up for me too Caoimhe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Same here. They're all the Dublin Exam Commission ones IIRC.

It was a lovely paper actually. Both Dickenson and Boland came up, and Heaney and Wordsworth. Literary Genre and GVV (evil) came up in the comparative. The unseen poem was very happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

got the same irish1+2 paper as you caoimhe...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement